regularly last several years. They also have been playing tournaments
    in other US cities.

They train regularly now that have a player from Poland living there:

http://www.news-miner.com/Stories/0,...147823,00.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wonder whether our friend from Alaska is still around. He last posted in late 2004. Has he gone to some warmer climes where there are lots more badminton?

And also our friend Redkingjoe from Hong Kong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default when the best happens in alaska, where are looking for your next practice session

Hey guys,

Im from fairbanks alaska too, the only OTHER reason i chose fairbanks to do my masters was badminton. fairbnanksans have been practicing like hell making most of the news in all possible tournaments around united states. although we have a new coach who is currently ranked top in the US rankings list, new kids are fast learning up to make a name very soon. A small information for any other players who are really really interested to practice with the best in the USA and play 7 days a week in an awesome place.

I would strongly recommend badminton fanatics who feel they dont have proper coaching (there are very few here who play badminton but they are among the best you can get in usa) or not getting enough challenge or even not able to match the price, to come to fairbanks in the summer to enjoy the beautiful summer and the best coaching for the least cost. you could even email us in advance to arrange for accomodation.

Regards
    Krishna
    badminton enthusiast
    uaf, alaska

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha hey Loh, I'm still around. I've been a very busy man since I've last posted, and more importantly, I havent gotten to play at ALL this winter...****in sucks!! but I had an arm injury of sorts (probably caused by bowling, ironically enough) that prevented me from fully being able to wield a racquet with any kind of ability. but now my arm's getting back to 100%, but now lo and behold nobody seems to want to play. so if its not one thing, theres another! and hey Krishna, hows it going? I dunno if you remember me or not, but I'm sure you'd recognize me...last year in Febuary my friend Nick and I came up and played with all you guys for a couple days...that was fun! I'll try to be more frequent on here....promise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy crap!!!! Boshkar is on an Nationally ranked 11th doubles team?? thats awesome! and to think I've gotten to play against him...not at his level obviously, but its still fun anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeelenlanD
    haha hey Loh, I'm still around. I've been a very busy man since I've last posted, and more importantly, I havent gotten to play at ALL this winter...****in sucks!! but I had an arm injury of sorts (probably caused by bowling, ironically enough) that prevented me from fully being able to wield a racquet with any kind of ability. but now my arm's getting back to 100%, but now lo and behold nobody seems to want to play. so if its not one thing, theres another! and hey Krishna, hows it going? I dunno if you remember me or not, but I'm sure you'd recognize me...last year in Febuary my friend Nick and I came up and played with all you guys for a couple days...that was fun! I'll try to be more frequent on here....promise!
    Good to hear your voice again! Your unusual name "See --- Land" somehow gives the impression that Alaska is barren of land and you only see WHITE. Forgive me, for I've never been there and since you're "Way Up North" to Alaska, you're far, far away from us at the Equator. Only that tune is familiar. Maybe someday, I'll be there!

Hope you've completed your masters and all the very best!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fairbanks is home to the #2 singles player and the #7 doubles team.

From 1/24/06:

http://www.news-miner.com/Stories/0,...212970,00.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt see the update. just the original article from the first page of this thread..thanks for the update though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys.. another filipino here.. im new here in canada and i dont know where to find a court near surrey.. and i also need a playmate... hehehe..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Whats goin on in Alaska???

If you had thought alaskas just another white barren land with snow around... check this out. Look what badminton practice here in Alaska resulted in and others badminton players would love to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2