Sunrise Yonex rackets in Singapore, SP only?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Bieffe, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    I am shopping around for a new racket. The Armotec 800DF range from S$450 to S$220.
    However in the process I sort of got confused. I was told rackets sold by SIngapore local agent Sunrise will have the SUNRISE hologram sticker and the serial should end with DDMMY_XX, where XX should be SP. Also on the shaft you should see SP printed.
    But I saw in the Yonex SHop in Far East selling some rackets with HK and TH on the serial !!! WHats UP!!!
    Then at another shop I saw a SUNRISE sticker-ed ARMOTEC 800DF with serial IP and ARMOTEC 800OF with serial SP so which is the real thing? Both the shaft is printed SP and has hologram sticker. These closed to S$300 rackets has SP on the shafts, the towards the $250 with TH serial has no SP on shaft and no hologram sticker.
    But the finishing is quite bad for the SP on shaft rackets. The paint has blemishes here and there and some spots even has like a hole in the paint work....the edges of the paint work also seems not so sharp.

With so much uncertainty I halt my purchase. SO guys any advice?
    With so much fear I may deciede to get non-yonex brand as I dunno which is real and which is not.
    And I tell you there are 1001 shops in Singapore selling the ARMOTEC look alike...even has the part "MADE IN JAPAN" on the shaft but the shop has deliberately scraped it off! Claiming PRO-ACE and Apacc comes from the same factory...comparing them.....I really think so.:crying:

2. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    1) All rackets provided by Sunrise must be marked SP on shaft and it is it's own marking to distinguish Sunrise distributed products for after sales services.

2) Sunrise's agentship covers Hong Kong, Indonesia.......... so you can find HK and IP code in SP rackets.

3) Sunrise's agentship does not cover Thailand, so you can find TH on the cone, but no SP on shaft for TH rackets. For TH rackets, there will be no warranty for Sunrise's agentship covered countries.

4) Because of Exchange rate, some private distributors will buy bulk of goods from Thailand and distribute to other Sunrise covered countries. In Hong Kong, you can also find the TH rackets.

5) If you afraid to buy the fake, just visit Blue Jeff's thread first.

3. altreality

altreality Regular Member

Hi

As you know, prices of sports eqmt in S'pore depends on where you get them - same for rackets.
    The rackets that Sunrise deals with are all marked SP on the shaft (this is added on post- manuufacture). The engraving just indicates the country the rackets are supposed to be distributed....(SP IP HK). I was told this by Sunrise.

Official agents of Sunrise sell the AT800 at the RRP (or close to what Sunrise sells to them). Smaller shops are able to import their own TH versions and sell at a much lower price since their cost is lower.

I think there are yonex fakes around, but they are rare in Singapore- APACs and ProAce do come from the same factory - but same factory as Yonex in Japan ? I think unlikely especially for high end rackets. Look at Bluejeff's thread and you should be able to tell which is fake.

Just as a comparision - when I was in Japan, the price of a AT800 OF (JP) ranged from 195,000 yen to 245,000 yen....

4. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks for the valuable lessons guys.

But I always have this problem...I real the thread by Bluejeff then when I am at the shop....eyes become blurr and hands become wet.
    I feel a chopper coming towards my neck!
    So as safety.....as long as the racket has the Sunrise hologram sticker it should be real? Thats provided it satify all the tell tail signs mentioned by Bluejeff.
    Cos I really find the serial part confusing.....but I reckon the SP on the shaft would be the best bet.

But to be frank the finishing on these ARMOTEC rackets are not as good as those of the Muscle power series.
    Nowdays with the anticipation of Nano7000 the Armotec800 has fallen to sub S$300 already.

I will read Bluejeff thread again.

5. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

A question regarding to Q3,i owned a mp99TH racket,so will be able to claim warranty if racket spoil?

6. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    well if the TH is on the serial at the cone I suppose you still have a chance. BUT if on the shaft you are gone. If the shaft has no SP you also cannot claim.....i guess.

Where u get ur racket from?

7. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    I don't know the practice in Singapore, in Hong Kong (one of the Sunrise agentship covered country), if a non SP racket (such as TH, GR..) racket is broken due to the manufacturing defects, Yonex HK will not replace for it. But the TH importer (non-authorized distributor) may consider to replace it, IME, they gave many reasons not to replace (such as over weight on stringing). :p

8. altreality

altreality Regular Member

The hologram sticker is also found on some of the fakes... so I would actually rate it a lot lower on the "priority" list....

As for paintwork - I think they are just as good as the MP's - although the reflective orange and lime green color may create the impression that it is uneven ....

9. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Really the sticker also appears on fakes? My god...this really makes it very tuff.

So not getting the racket maybe the best prevention. Go out to buy an imitation?

I just want a original Yonex racket....seems so tuff.

10. johnnytanki

johnnytanki Regular Member

I dun think is tuff to get orginal racket in sg lah. You just need to vist shop such as those in bras basah or tpy safra, should be able to get the original one.

Btw i didnt know that if the racket break and is caused by maufacturing fault, we can claim for it. So how will we go about if we wish to claim? Please advise. Thanks

11. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

Of course the Yonex Sunrise Shop at Far East Plaza sells originals. If Sunrise doesn't sell originals, then every racquet in Singapore is fake.... :)

It is commonly claimed but very little photographic evidence... if fake hologram stickers are so common, how come I haven't seen a picture of a fake racquet with BOTH Sunrise hologram stickers on badmintoncentral yet? Please Tell me where in Singapore sells fake Yonex racquets with Sunrise hologram stickers and i'll go take some photos.... :D Serious request... i've been to most of the shops in BB and Queensway and haven't seen a fake Yonex yet.

12. nicexerin

nicexerin Regular Member

Computer Engineering Student, University Technolog
    maybe the fakes in singapore are sell behind building or like drug dealer. :eek:dont worry-lah i think all shop sell the yonex original one. dont buy with person or by ebay.

13. pelawancai

pelawancai Regular Member

Ip

What is 'IP' stand for??

14. nicexerin

nicexerin Regular Member

Internet protocol ... LOL :D
    maybe indonesia production??

15. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Indonesia distribution.

16. xmannyx

xmannyx Regular Member

IP
    internationnal player....
    **not sure ... 55

17. nicexerin

nicexerin Regular Member

what 55 that mean??

18. Joven

Joven Regular Member

Holiday Consultant
    Can i ask if the racket with an SP is fake?im confused because i bought an At900 with an SP in its shaft

19. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

check in the identify sub forums. SP can be fake too.

20. Joven

Joven Regular Member

Holiday Consultant
    I bought it in chris sports it cost me $239, i hope its notfake