Does China have a license for Yonex rackets?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Faisal, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Faisal

Faisal Regular Member

Student
    Here in Pakistan we can only buy rackets which come from China, because the original rackets from Japan are way too expensive and so retailers don’t order them and instead order from China. However the retailer told me that China has a license for Yonex. Is this true or is he just trying to black market? Coz I am planning to buy MP88, which is a ‘Chinese racket’.

2. Coldie

Coldie Regular Member

The reason why it's cheaper is because the racket is fake. But it doesn't really matter on what racket you use...as long as you're comfortable with it

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Very recently, CHN starts to manufacture lower end rackets for yonex. However, high end rackets such as MP88 should be manufactured in JP. If it states with "made in china", then it should be a fake.

Fake rackets do not have a standard. Some ones are crappy, and could be broken in no time. Some ones are in acceptable condition, with decent playability. Therefore, shopping for a fake is a matter of "luck".

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it isnt comfortable feeling if u thot u bought a real thing.

5. Coldie

Coldie Regular Member

it's so easy to tell if the racket is real or fake...just look at the serial number on the handle of the racket...fake ones are just white painted on like coolers rackets :D ...the real one are chipped in...but like i said earlier...real racket or fake racket doesn't really matter...as long as you're comfortable using the racket...then fake one or real one is just as good...most racket from china are fakie

6. Faisal

Faisal Regular Member

Student
    SO what I get from your posts is that China does not have a license for yonex :confused:

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Be careful about what is meant by 'license'.

Is there a licence to sell Yonex racquets in China? Ans. Yes

Is there a licence to make Yonex racquets in China? An. From LB's information, only low end ones.

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    China does not make any Yonex high end rackets such as MP88. So, if you are about to buy anything that is made in China, the model can not be high-end or else it is a fake racket (which only worth about $10 USD per racket)

Yonex only have License to manufacture low-end Yonex rackets. Be very careful when you are dealing with anyone in China because the chance you will get fakes are much greater than the real ones.

9. other

other Regular Member

Student
    he probably means "china only have...."

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    please replace "License" with "licensed China" :)

11. Faisal

Faisal Regular Member

Student
    Now Taiwan too?

Right, I went to another shop today and the guy told me that he doesn't have any rackets from China, but from Taiwan! So will those be fakes as well???

12. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    No, many Yonex rackets are made in Taiwan, and it has been this way for a long long time.

13. 2love2live

2love2live Regular Member

What do you mean by "come from China?" - you can get genuine yonex in China from reputable dealers, and you pay the standard prices.

Yes - sadly - in China we have a lot of fake racquets - :crying: :crying: :crying: but a good way to tell is that they cost as somebody mentioned about only USD 10. So if you are getting things from china real cheap, for example, if you get your MP88 for less than say USD100, you end up probably buying fake.

And still about the piracy thing - they exist only because there are always people who want to buy.

It's all about money.

14. 2love2live

2love2live Regular Member

What do you mean by "come from China?" - you can get genuine yonex in China from reputable dealers, and you pay the standard prices.

Yes - sadly - in China we have a lot of fake racquets - :crying: :crying: :crying: but a good way to tell is that they cost as somebody mentioned about only USD 10. So if you are getting things from china real cheap, for example, if you get your MP88 for less than say USD100, you end up probably buying fake.

And still about the piracy thing - they exist only because there are always people who want to buy.

It's all about money.

15. winstonchan

winstonchan Regular Member

CBO (Chief Babysitting Officer)
    Very true and totally agreed!! Fakes exist because there IS a market. Some people just prefer fake Yonex's for US$10-50 (depending on the model), to models of a less well-known brand that cost say US$40-80 (already half that of Yonex) but are of comparable quality and performance to Yonex.

I have tried fake yonex racquets before. They are too light, and just don't feel like a racquet (ok, feel is subjective, i agree!). Fake Yonex come out of backyard factories (may not even be a factory). Fake Yonex manufacturers search the bin for raw materials. No Quality Control and Assurance. No Product Guarantee. Definitely NO Return if you've bought one. I doubt any proper and reputable racquet manufacturer will see the benefits of making fake Yonex racquets.

OK. Some might say I just want the Yonex logo on my racquet. Doesn't matter if it's real or fake. Fine. Yes, the low prices are a temptation. An ugly side of human nature unfortunately. But the more we buy fake Yonex, the more we are growing this market.

16. Ay33

Ay33 Regular Member

Student
    Since reading the posts, im worried about the racquet that i just ordered from BBESPORTS. ARe their High end racquets also fake? Do they have a liscense to sell yonex equipment? If anyone with experience purchasing from BBESPORTS, please provide me a brief review of the credentials and service that they offer.