User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear taneepak,

Where in HK can we find 7KM34014? Is there a name for it like "angel"?

Thanks.

Red
    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    In my opinion one of the best badminton shoes you can get is the Mizuno model 7KM 34014. It is surprisingly one of the cheaper Mizuno badminton shoes in the Mizuno range.
    Some of the most important properties of a good pair of badminton shoes are that they should not bend when bending with both hands the toe and the heel sides towards each other in the centre, there should be a bend at the toe end, the heel sides must be stiff and sufficiently high, the sole must not be sitting on a cushion of air, and the shoes must resist twisting. Most badminton shoes do not come quite close to meeting these requirements. The much promoted Yonex anti-twist badminton shoes have much poorer anti-twist performance than the Mizuno 7KM 34014. You will be surprised to find how many so called good badminton shoes can be easily bent, toe and heel ends bent towards each other.
    The 7KM 34014 is very wide at the front and is suitable for fitting an orthoses. However, it may not fit people with high arches as the front part is a bit low. It doesn't fit the above requirements 100% but its the only one I find comes closest. I would like any recommendations on better shoes that meet the requirements completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zzaarr
    Hi Leehsim,

Where did you buy the 7km-34009? thanks.
    At the sport shop at Tampines Sport Hall or Hougang Sport Hall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redkingjoe
    Dear taneepak,

Where in HK can we find 7KM34014? Is there a name for it like "angel"?

Thanks.

Red
    From what I got, I believe the names of the different model Mizuno badminton shoes are:

7KM-42062 named as Wave Angle ME

7KM-35535 named as Wave Angle PF

7KM-34009 named as Wave Gate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* the Taiwanese Mizuno website is more informative than the Canadian website. It makes me realize that Yonex is not the only one that can make good badminton shoes.

Would a regular pair of socks appropriate for badminton shoes? I am asking this because I am using cycling socks for my clipless cycling shoes. Mizono and Yonex shoes have some sort of anti-twist system. Would a pair of thick socks negate the effect of the anti-twist system? Perhaps we shouldn't wear thick socks at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckBur
    *Would a regular pair of socks appropriate for badminton shoes? I am asking this because I am using cycling socks for my clipless cycling shoes. Mizono and Yonex shoes have some sort of anti-twist system. Would a pair of thick socks negate the effect of the anti-twist system? Perhaps we shouldn't wear thick socks at all?
    1 Socks are very important. Nittaku has super indoor socks.

2 If you like to read story, please read on: my "obssessive compulsive" friend is a early retire guy. Do nothing but testing everything. Suddenly he started doing indoor sports. After doing intensive comparing, he find out Nittaku produced the best professional socks in the world.

3 If you want to understand what a professional sock is, you really need to buy a pair of good "Nittaku" to see and test.

4 Good Nittaku socks have different thickness at the bottom of the sock such that the socks are according to the "contour" of the foot. The floor feelings and reaction is faster.

5 I bought half a dozen of Nittaku, and I brought one pair to the Court when my son was training footwork with some other socks. He changed the socks on the spot without knowing the reasons, but he feels the diff.

Get it. Nittaku sock , made in Japan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nittaku, why does it sound so familiar? It has been over seven years, now I remember it from my ping-pong life; they make excellent ping-pong ball. At the time, the ball was either Nittaku or Double-Happiness at the competition scene. Funny thing was that we didn't buy its socks. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckBur
    Nittaku, why does it sound so familiar? It has been over seven years, now I remember it from my ping-pong life; they make excellent ping-pong ball. At the time, the ball was either Nittaku or Double-Happiness at the competition scene. Funny thing was that we didn't buy its socks. Thanks for sharing.
    1 Must try on the sock. Good footwork + Good shoes + good socks. Much faster

2 Nittaku has the best Table Tennis racket and rubber. "KVS" or "Violin" racket + Morristo2000 rubber. Super control and power + speed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit of advice on when to buy badminton shoes : don't go straight into a sports store and try on a pair of shoes. The best time is to choose a hot or warm afternoon, walk for some distance with badminton socks, and then and only then, go into the sports store to try on a pair of shoes for size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leehsim
    From what I got, I believe the names of the different model Mizuno badminton shoes are:

7KM-42062 named as Wave Angle ME

7KM-35535 named as Wave Angle PF

7KM-34009 named as Wave Gate
    Thank you for your help. This make shopping easier for me. Thanks.

(don't forget to try the Nittaku socks)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the Mizuno 7KM 34014 has been replaced by 7KM 34009. I have evaluated the new 7KM 34009 and the 7KM 42062 and they are no where near as good as the discontinued 7KM 34014, with anti-twisting and anti-centre "collapse" properties as disappointing as the Yonex shoes. If you shop around a bit you may come across some unsold 7KM 34014.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daph56
    Is there really a need for badminton shoes?
    Hi dear,
    I personally have known a lot of persons get permanet injury in knees just because they don't wear the correct shoes. It's a must. Each type of shoes has special features to protect the person for the specific sports.
    Best regards
    Last edited by Mr.Sir; 12-02-2004 at 05:44 AM. Reason: correct mistakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of cauz shoes is a top priority.to me.i play at least 3 times a week.but really if you only play like 1 a month or something like that then using normal shoes is ok.but if you are like doing all the drills and everything and playing competieive than without shoes is just like not wearing your underware.hahax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There isnt exactly a need for badminton shoes. any shoes will do. just that some places have rules against marking courts and others just like the comfort. No need for court shoes most ppl just want them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will tell u something that would make myself look stupid. i wear soccer shoes for badminton.(without studs) last time i tried normal track shoes and i burst 2 of them. my feet just came out of the shoe while doing 'emergency brakes' during the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt think Badminton shoes are really necessary before, but now I think a good pair is really important. It provides more comfort and feels alot lighter too, you could really do with the extra "cusioning" for landing after a jump smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K-MusclePower
    There isnt exactly a need for badminton shoes. any shoes will do. just that some places have rules against marking courts and others just like the comfort. No need for court shoes most ppl just want them
    I would argue against not having badminton shoes (even volleyball shoes are better than running/tennis/cross trainers). Those non badminton shoes tend to have higher arches/heels and you can roll your ankles easily due to the nature of badminton stops and starts.

DivingBirdie, I think you have been extremely lucky in not injuring yourself playing in studless soccer shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back a long time ago I went without badminton shoes and just used a pair of light decent trainers or running shoes over a year or two when I'd just started to play badminton. I had no injuries.

However...badminton shoes Are important. I'm not saying with 100% certainty that Everyone who plays badminton without shoes will get injured, because that would of course, be absurd.

But given some injuries can be very serious, is it worth risking it? I seriously think not, especially not when to prevent injury, a pair of reasonable and cost-effective badminton shoes can be really quite cheap. My current shoes only cost 15 to 20 over the years that I've used, and they are fairly good, there are most likely even cheaper ones out there.

A good pair of badminton shoes is even better, particularly with cushioning and such which is even More important for constant, and particularly competitive play. They have many advantages.

Primarily what I'm saying it, Badminton shoes are important. Yes, there is a need for them, Really. They're essential because they prevent potentially serious injury; it's not worth the risk using just running shoes and such. It's safer to use appropriate footwear.

Also, this thread is old.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast