User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously, you haven't been playing the sport for a long time... at least competitively.

Quote Originally Posted by K-MusclePower
    There isnt exactly a need for badminton shoes. any shoes will do. just that some places have rules against marking courts and others just like the comfort. No need for court shoes most ppl just want them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Air?

(my first post, go easy on me pleease)

I quickly scanned through the 3 pages of replies on this thread, and i was wondering why an air bubble was so looked down upon? When i think of an air bubble, i'm thinking technologies such as Nike Air max and even their zoom technology (which is actually lots of little air pockets rather than one giant air bag which is used for guards and lighter ppl). If badminton has a lot of quick starts and stops, then i can't imagine basketball not being considered having a lot of quick starts and stops (see Allen Iverson's double cross-over the other night...)

In terms of rolling ankles.. well there's always Wince.. ahem Vince Carter... but most of the time, basketball shoes are meant to protect against ankle rolling by having the higher tops and technologies such as the straps, or inverted monkey paws with exterior skeletons (see Nike Air Ultraflights). Btw.. no i'm not a Nike rep, i just really like kicksology.net back in the day and was a little intrigued with the disdain for the air technology.
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah shoes are really that important.. well recently i have been playing in nike shoes.. and yes.. i sprained my ankle.. now it looks like an egg.. ahha but i still play.. so what baminton shoes do you forumers suggest i use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If right shoes were important and were designed to save us getting serious injures than why we still see African athletes running w/o shoes…….

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's the case, why don't you try running barefooted yourself? Fact of the matter is that there are different surfaces we walk/run on and not all of them are friendly to your joints and feet. Badminton requires adequate level of grip that a sweaty feet on a hardwood floor can never provide. A good pair of court shoes will save you from injury later. Not every situation is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mandm
    If right shoes were important and were designed to save us getting serious injures than why we still see African athletes running w/o shoes…….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a very important reason why we wear badminton shoes is that like other court shoes, their non marking so the caretakers wont bite your head off

and the lower heal is very important as you hafta be extremely mobile and not mess up your ankle

also badminton shoes have soft padding on the heal to prevent damage from jumping and repulsion padding on the front to increase your vertical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can only think of the following:
    1) No sponsorship from ADIDAS, NIKE, etc to the African athletes;
    2) can't afford to own any shoes;
    3) prefer to go natural;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well they probaly run with bare foot since day one
    do u?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But of course..YES!or unless you really want to hurt yourself?or you were born with a large feet that no shoes can fit?hahaha.(just kidding)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the amount of grip that a marathon runner needs compared too a badminton player is totally different. a marathon runner doesn't make sharp stops and sudden turns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do some of you not understand that those 'fashion' running shoes you see in the high street sports shop aren't actually 'running shoes'... !?!

You ask a decent runner if they would wear a pair of 'high street' running shoes (e.g. Nike) and they'll probably laugh at you. Those shoes are designed to look good and provide loads of bouncy cushioning but are not designed for support. Nike and other high-street companies do make genuine running shoes, but they are not the ones you buy form a high-street store.

The majority of runners do not have perfect stride patterns and they tend to over or under pronate when running, which is seen by a rolling onto the outside or inside of the foot after the heel-strike. The majority of runners I know suggest that they over-pronate and it is the common cause of foot pain (inflammation), shin-splints and knee injuries.

For this reason, genuine running shoes (e.g. Asics, Pearl Izumis, New Balance etc.) will be technologically designed to offer cushioning and support that matches your physiology. I am more likely to roll-over (cockling my ankle) wearing many badminton shoes than I would wearing my running shoes, despite the Pearl Izumis being slightly 'higher'.

Running shoes are designed to be very light and advanced material technology is used to offer this alongside support and cushioning. If badminton shoes are so much 'faster' than running shoes, why aren't runners wearing badminton shoes?

The sole material on a badminton shoe is the critical difference and is usually found to be softer and therefore 'stickier'. I personally have no troubles changing direction in my running shoes and don't slide around uncontrolled.

The biggest problem with wearing running shoes is the stigma that is attached to them, that the black soles leave marks on the court (they don't tend to, as most decent shoes are non-marking). This is a historical issue and one that I hope clubs don't still hold. I took a long time to find a good all-round running shoe that alleviated joint problems and inflammatory pain when playing sports. I've found that solution and don't wish to take a step backwards by using a less suited badminton specific shoe.. The only problem is that I'm sure if I join my local club, someone will comment and I don't see why I should justify my situation to them (as I have done here).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

badminton shoes are the most necesary part of the game, imagine playing in nike shoes and then your opponent plays a net shot? big trouble. never ever go on the court without badminton shoes or you'll die.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4