Greetings from Montreal Canada!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Jinryu, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    Hi,

I'm from Montreal, Canada. I would have introduced myself sooner, but I didn't know that this forum existed!

I've been playing badminton recreationally since early high school, but it was never anything "serious". Now that I'm in university though, I've joined local YMCA that takes just 20 minutes to get to, so I can play before classes... and for me, badminton has prooven to be an ultimate form of stress releif, as well as a method of keeping in shape.

I used to practice martial arts intensively, but eventually stopped competing and even practicing it due to the long list of injuries incurred while sparring. Badminton though has proven to be more than a great substitute for my need for action, with a thousand similarities to martial arts-- emphasis on technique, physical conditioning, mental conditioning, good "sporstman" spirit, etc. The nice thing about badminton is that if you mess up, you don't get punched in the nose, thrown on the floor, of have your joints twisted in ways that don't look pretty.

I started out as a kid playing with old Slazenger stainless steel rackets, total peices of crap i tell you, but when you're a kid it's all about getting it over the net, right? I got more into the game during college, when I started using a Blacknight 2k-Ti, but the real push was just 2 months ago when I got my hands on a Yonex MP55... which made the game ENTIRELY more fun for me, and I've been addicted ever since.

Still a noob, lacking in any relevant experieince, and getting my butt kicked by the intermediate crowds on a weekly basis, but moving up, slowly but surely along that painful path of practice,practice,practice, practice!

2. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    A warm welcome from HKSAR.

1. Are you taking Glucosamine("G") on a daily basis? It works for 85% of all cases. I studied a lot on sports injury and alternative treatment. I have treated over 150 patients with joint problems. Although I don't have a licence, people in my church and sports club call me Doctor Yung(means Yellow-Green Dr.:D ).

2 I started prescribing G to ppl 7 years ago and have accumlated over 150 "patients". The oldest patient is over 80 even with cancer. The youngest is my wife who is 24(as always).

3 The best formular is: G 1500mg + Bromelain(2-3 times a day) +Calcium 1000 mg. (note: just need to take B for half year and Calcium is very related to soft bone)

4 The quickest recover one is withing 3 weeks. The longest is 8 weeks. It's difficult to 100% healling but most of my patients get 70-85% better.(some can't walk upstairs before taking)

5 According to a great scale Finland report(10,000 subject). ppl with joint problems took a pre-treament X-ray. After 1 year of taking G, the X-ray shows a very very thin new cartilage growing which reduce the pain.

God bless you.

#2 redkingjoe, Nov 25, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  3. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

welcome to BC, Jinryu! ;)

4. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    Welcome to the BF community Jinryu!! Good to seen another fellow canuck here. See you around.

5. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to the BadmintonForum family :D

Get a coach and watch yourself progress in leaps and bounds!

-dave

6. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Hi and welcome.

mmm.

For once dave didn't put the scary cats picture up [​IMG]

7. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

It impresses me to no end how many people there are on this forum who play badminton from different countries... Okay, Canada and U.S., I somewhat expected, since the postings are all in english, but I'm seeing a lot of posts from Asia, Europe and even some from the African continents...

Redking, I've considered the glucossamine option for the past few years so far, and I have yet to try it out... mostly because I'm rather suspicious of possible sideeffects that may arise out of anything we take out of our usual diets. Simply, I just haven't heard anything "bad" about it, and thus, i'm a bit wary-- the worst, i've heard, is that it does 'nothing' simply. But has anyone ever noticed any problems at all?

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    glucosamine is a natural substance, it's not a drug. You might get soft poops as a side effect. Beside u gotta eat alot to get soft poops.

9. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Heh, oh no, not soft poops!

Alright, time to head over to the pharmacy and take a serious gander.

10. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Hey welcome in BF! Im from MTL too^^

11. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    1 The major side effect is on stomach. If the stomach is weak, take the G with meal.

2 Over the last several years, I have tested G with over 150 patients. The only complain is stomach(2-3 cases). But when they took with meal, no problems.

3 Trust me: the fastest way to heal is to take : G1500mg+Bromelain+Cal1000mg. The feeling better time will be much quicker than just take G1500mg alone. It also will help if you take G for 3000mg for the first month.

4 I read a lot of research paper and have tested on human. 85% will be effective within 2 month.

5 The cheapest place to buy is www.puritan.com. Look for product number:"11822". (you can use search within puritan.com). 11822 is the best in the world because you just need to take "one" tablet one day after the first month of "2" tablet per day.

6 Trust Yellow-Green Yung Doctor.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Sorry to catch this intro late. So, a late welcome to the new die hard fan / player / coach of the forum. ;)