Socal Tournament

Discussion in 'USA West' started by Konnichiwa, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    Is any junior player in this forum going or know anyone going to USBDF Socal tournament held at OCBC in California. REply back and maybe we can talk if we see eachother at the tournament. Thank you!
    Syonara

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I know that some BC members will be there so just keep an eye out for some Badminton Central t-shirts.

3. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    i wish i could go but i live close to SGVBC than OCBC and i HAVE to go to school and all. will you be playing?

4. Konnichiwa

Studente
    yes i will be playing, Joseph do u know which badminton forum members are going?:confused: . ill probably see them with the tshirts on. ok syonara. :p

5. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Just introduce yourself to whoever you see wearing the BC tshirts :p I may or may not be there.

6. B3nny H4nn4

B3nny H4nn4 Regular Member

yeh i'll be there..im gonna play U17 boys singles, U17, and U19 Doubles...see everyone there...

7. Konnichiwa

Studente
    that will cool i will be too maybe we will play eachother

8. fanatico

fanatico Regular Member

Student
    america's badminton is not that good. improving the standard of badminton in america can prove to raise the profile of badminton as a sport. so americans plz work harder and i believe you can do it!:cool:

9. ironchef

ironchef Regular Member

i'll be there also.

10. B3nny H4nn4

i needa danm partner for under 17 and 19...i really don't trust puting "need" on the application...

11. Konnichiwa

Studente
    haha B3nny H4nn4 i needed a partner too for u17 but i decided to play two singles since i loveeeeee singles so much better than boy doubles. the tournament is this week and i will be flying out on friday morning. is there ne BF's going to the tournament? if so i would really like to meet you there and we can talk. also if there are any kids from the BF that are playing i would like to meet you to!!!!!!!! :D ok take care and i hope to see you at the tournament!!!
    syonara,
    konnichiwa :p

12. jamesshieh88

Student
    good luck. btw do you know if brendan taft. ronald sou, nicholas jinadasa, or richard vi will be playing?

13. Konnichiwa

Studente
    thank you are you playing james? i know brendan and ronald are playing i dont think nick is, who is richard vi ? wat age category does he play? is he good and what club does he play for
    bye bye

14. jamesshieh88

Student
    nope i'm not playing. i'm not as good as those guys. richard is this guy that graduated in '04 from long beach poly high school. he came close in beating brendan several times during high school tournaments and i think hes better than ronald.

15. wickeddrop

wickeddrop Regular Member

Ronald played in the Mar Vista tournament the thanksgiving weekend in both D and B doubles. He was decent, but i dont really know why he was playing in the D flight as well. Anyways, him and his partner lost in the B flight. My partner and I won the C flight and Ronald and his partner won the D flight.

16. Konnichiwa

Studente
    Kwun are you coming to the tournament? i know its a good 7-8 hours away from Norcal but hey u never know! lol i would like to meet you and discuss how good you have developed this website into a wonderful place for all badminton lovers lol ok talk to you later syonara

17. Konnichiwa

Studente
    Well just to tell you guys i got back from this tournament on monday morning. i did ok!!! it was sooo much fun... not much to do but saw alot of people. however i did not see any BFers there!!!!! please tell me if you wre there maybe i can recognize you. if you were there who did u think that had good style and is good and up and coming. ok syonara.:p

18. B3nny H4nn4

hey hey whats ur name konichiwa? i might have met u at the tourny

19. harimau

harimau Regular Member

ITs, CEs, P&C Insurance Agent
    Hi Benny & other BF-ers,

Thanks for your participation in our Year End Tournament in So Cal OCBC. We really enjoyed having you guys all coming out to support the sport of badminton. We believe with the continued support from players like you and others who are faithful to the sport, this sport will grow. This can be seen from this tournament entries. We have the biggest number of entries in the history of USBDF in its 4th year.

I think i said "hi" to you but i feel bad i did not get to see you play. But i think badminton needs people like you who are so sociable and easy to get along to be the ambassador of the sport. ( I found that out from your website ). You not only know so many players but you also hang out with them to get to know them. That is good !! I like your spirit .......keep it up young man !!!

Tournament Director

20. B3nny H4nn4

thank you for ur words of encouragment! i look forward to seeing you in the next tournament in southern california. i must say out of all the tournaments ive been in. Yours have been the most organized, so keep it up! happy holidays everyone and take care!