need some advice here!

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by cky1504, Nov 29, 2004.

1. cky1504

cky1504 Regular Member

Student
    alright i am a average 15 years old boy from singapore. plays badminton in school but just got kicked out of the team for being too lousy. i want to get back into the team. i used to play well a few years back but until i was ill once then i never seems to recooperate my endurance and feel of play. i am a double player by the way. plz gimme any suggestions that you think will help me to improve myself. best if possible to train alone.

2. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Endurance eh?? Perhaps too much energy exerted.. Try not to use all your energy at the earlier rounds... play defensive then offensive... and of coz train ur wrist power like getting a squash ball to squeeze when u r idling... then u will find you dun need as much energy to cast the same results of shots... just like me..

3. altreality

altreality Regular Member

Try this routine for 2 months should work.

Do this At least twice a week -

1. Warm up /stretch

2. Run 2km under 10 mins.... (reduce when you get fitter)

3. Rest 15 mins drink some water

4. Do 4 sets of footwork / shadow training 8 - 10 mins each set...2 mins rest in between

5. Rest 15 mins and drink some water

6. If you can still go on, do sets of jogging backward, sideways etc ...

7. Then Stroke Drills lobbing, drops smashes etc ....

8. Rest and Drink

9. Play games

Stort slow and with low targets....
    You can vary the above by changing intensity or increasing or reducing sets ... the idea is to get your body used to being pushed....and your legs to moving....
    2 months and you should be able to last 4 strenous doubles sets - no sweat..

BUT PLEASE STOP ONCE YOU FEEL UNWELL.....OR IF YOU FEEL FAINT..
    There are other exercises for improving strength but thats another story... squash balls is one option ......

On you can go the distance physically - work on cooperating with your partner.

Good luck;)