User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Electronics websites

Helo everyone

I'm looking for a Canon Powershot S1 IS camera - I've found it for just under £300 in the uk, and just over $300 in the US. Amazon say they can't ship it out of the US because of warranty issues, and the other ones I looked at don't seem to have the option of sending it overseas.

Do any of you know of a site (anywhere in the world, really), where I could get this camera at a less extortionate price than it's available in the UK?

Thanks a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure you want to forego the warranty by getting the camera elsewhere? It's a piece of electronic equipment, prone to defects like dead pixes, wrong exposure calibration, construction defects, etc.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    You sure you want to forego the warranty by getting the camera elsewhere? It's a piece of electronic equipment, prone to defects like dead pixes, wrong exposure calibration, construction defects, etc.

-dave
    Actually, I bought camera equipment while I was in Italy, which has a full international warranty. The extent of the warranty probably depends on the vendor/manufacturer.

dpc1l, why don't you have a look in the Amateur Photographer magazine and on the nation-wide second hand section of the Jessops website?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ynexfan2003
    Actually, I bought camera equipment while I was in Italy, which has a full international warranty. The extent of the warranty probably depends on the vendor/manufacturer.

dpc1l, why don't you have a look in the Amateur Photographer magazine and on the nation-wide second hand section of the Jessops website?
    Thanks a lot, I'll have a look

With the strength of the £ at the moment, I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile going to the states for a shopping trip after Christmas sometime! Although to make it worth my while, I would have to get a 300d, (and some other stuff that's cheaper there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get the 300d silver with lens kit for about £600 pounds. now. n addition, if you buy before end of January, Canon UK will rebate you with £100 plus you get a free 32MB compact flash card! so £500 odd in all...

Quote Originally Posted by dpc1l

With the strength of the £ at the moment, I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile going to the states for a shopping trip after Christmas sometime! Although to make it worth my while, I would have to get a 300d, (and some other stuff that's cheaper there)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dpc1l

few badminton racquets maybe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wizbit
    You can get the 300d silver with lens kit for about £600 pounds. now. n addition, if you buy before end of January, Canon UK will rebate you with £100 plus you get a free 32MB compact flash card! so £500 odd in all...
    I looked on the web, and it seems the same deal is available in the US (around $600 with a $100 rebate). With the exchange rate at almost 2:1 at the moment, for a bit more than the price I would pay here, I can get the camera and the flight!

hmmm