Electronics websites

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by dpc1l, Nov 29, 2004.

1. dpc1l

dpc1l Regular Member

Helo everyone

I'm looking for a Canon Powershot S1 IS camera - I've found it for just under £300 in the uk, and just over $300 in the US. Amazon say they can't ship it out of the US because of warranty issues, and the other ones I looked at don't seem to have the option of sending it overseas.

Do any of you know of a site (anywhere in the world, really), where I could get this camera at a less extortionate price than it's available in the UK?

Thanks a lot

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    You sure you want to forego the warranty by getting the camera elsewhere? It's a piece of electronic equipment, prone to defects like dead pixes, wrong exposure calibration, construction defects, etc.

-dave

3. ynexfan2003

ynexfan2003 Regular Member

Part time (unpaid) wine tester
    Actually, I bought camera equipment while I was in Italy, which has a full international warranty. The extent of the warranty probably depends on the vendor/manufacturer.

dpc1l, why don't you have a look in the Amateur Photographer magazine and on the nation-wide second hand section of the Jessops website?

4. dpc1l

dpc1l Regular Member

Thanks a lot, I'll have a look

With the strength of the £ at the moment, I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile going to the states for a shopping trip after Christmas sometime! Although to make it worth my while, I would have to get a 300d, (and some other stuff that's cheaper there)

5. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    You can get the 300d silver with lens kit for about £600 pounds. now. n addition, if you buy before end of January, Canon UK will rebate you with £100 plus you get a free 32MB compact flash card! so £500 odd in all...

6. other

other Regular Member

Student
    few badminton racquets maybe:)

7. dpc1l

dpc1l Regular Member

I looked on the web, and it seems the same deal is available in the US (around $600 with a $100 rebate). With the exchange rate at almost 2:1 at the moment, for a bit more than the price I would pay here, I can get the camera and the flight!

hmmm