In need of a high school badminton coach

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Randino, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Randino

Randino Regular Member

Hi, im this is my first post and i hope i put it in the right thread.

My name is Randy and my school is looking for an experienced + has free time coach. The coach would have to live in the San Jose Area. School is Santa Teresa High School and is in the East Side Union District.

respond if interested

2. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

May I clarify, your high school is looking for a badminton coach who is

(a) has to live in the San Jose area
    (b) is offering his/her coaching services for free, thus a volunteer position (as compared to a paid/contract position)

Randino, you may also want to specify the Level I, II, III or certification not required (just a warm body/supervisor).

Cheers!

#2 Break-My-String, Dec 2, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  3. lalanthier

lalanthier Regular Member

Student
    It's difficult to get a coach to be willing to coach for free unless you, or someone you know, knows a coach for that...

Coaches can make a good bit of money actually.

I know how you feel though. Our school lost the North Shore finals because our coach was too biased to let our team win. He let his son play on the team even though he could barely play, and that costed our win.

Think of it this way: even if you don't have a coach who can play that well, you need a coach who knows how to motivate, or at least run the team. Even if he was a certified coach who had great credentials, if he can't make good decision, your team's got a HUGE disadvantage.

It doesn't neccessarily take a good badminton player to find the best teams. Do you know anyone who plays badminton in your area and has free time?

4. Randino

Randino Regular Member

That is really good advice, thank you. Uhm, my team has been put in a bind because our coach left unexpectly without providing someone to replace him. We have till spring to get a new coach. In truth, the job is paying, but I don't believe its great pay. My school is a public school, so the pay is kinda low. I agree with you though, we want a coach that motivates. Experience would be nice though ^_^;.

Its difficult to find anyone around my area, but I am posting up flyers. Theres bound to be sum badminton college student that needs side-pay.