Help on footwork diagram or practise routine?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by sydney1128, Dec 2, 2004.

1. sydney1128

sydney1128 Regular Member

Hi, I'm new in badminton. I know footwork is very important. But I have no idea how should I practise to improve myself. I've tried searching for related articles here but not much help or maybe I'd miss out some good ones.

I intend to practise by myself but not sure how can I get it started. If I book a court of an hour per day. What's the best routine of various footworks or other form of practise to get fundamental improve? Bear in mind I'll be doing it all alone.

Please advice how should I start and what kind of footworks pattern I should work on. Then after that what other practise should I do. I just want to fully make use of this hour to the maximun to sweat myself out, burn some fats and at the same time improve on my fundamental. :D

Please do not hesitate to list down as much knowledge u know over here. I'm open to all advices and suggestions. I just want to improve... Thank you very much...

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Tough if you want to do it yourself.

I'd say study a couple of videos of professionals in tournaments.

Also, if you can source it, a copy of Han Jian's book.

And then ask some people who look like they play quite well, to give some advice. However, do expect that a lot of people may not be able to give an answer. Or they maybe be unsure of the answers.

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    There was a IBF Training VID clip for download a couple of months ago. It showed a variety of footworks:

For example, (1) going from the center to the net (left or right corner ) under advantageous and disadvantageous situations; (2) Going from the center to the back (left or right corner) under advantageous situations.

4. hongyi_2000

hongyi_2000 Regular Member

u call me along when u wanna practice together...i can show u how i did my foot work drill...

5. sydney1128

hey, Pete, that really sounds good! I think this is wat I needed most!!! It'll give me ideas... I did some search but cannot find over here. I wonder any of u have a copy of the video that can email or for me to download?

Thank you very much in advance....

6. sydney1128

Thanks Hongyi, I just email u.
    Since u r still a student, I'll pay for both court fees & shuttle. Most important is we have fun learning & playing!

Hey everybody, I'm working at Tanjong Pagar area. Am quite free during certain time of certain weekdays. If any of you r free to play 1-2 hours of game during office hour, please do not hesitate to contact me. We can fix some time to play together... Student or working adults are most welcome. Hopefully we can gather some badminton fanatics together!

email me at sydney1128@yahoo.com.sg or contact me at 93800144

cheers!

Kenn

7. extremepower

extremepower Regular Member

Help badminton players to enjoy badminton and affo
    foot work.

Hi,
    You can come to Yihsun Chong Pang CC on Tuesday 8pm. I can teach you for free there. Ask for Joe. Our side, you only pay 5sgd for the nite game. We have 3 courts and comes with all kinds of rojak players.
    rgds

8. sydney1128

Cheung,

is the book in Chinese or English? I wonder where can I source or purchase some videos on these footworks?

After playing for couple of months, I'm completely convince I need to have proper footworks & fundamental stroking or otherwise I'll lose out to experience players. They'll make me run like a crazy man around the court and make me exhaust like hell... :mad:

I'm very determine to learn but I'm not a fast learner. So I hope u guys can give me ideas... :crying:

Thanks alot...

9. sydney1128

hey extremepower (Joe),

Thank u very much for the invitation...
    I've abit funny work schedule as I'm in Post Production line... I'm quite free on Monday & Friday. Tues work at nite & usual office hour on Wed & possible Thurs. But some time I can take up to 1-2 hours of office hours doing nothing. Sometime the whole day free.... just need to show my face in office!!! :D

Next 2 Tues nite I 'll not be available to join u as need to rush year end projects. Is there any other nites beside Tues? Like say Thursday or Friday?? U guys playing from 8-10pm? Any chance of emailing or PM me your contactable number so that i can keep in touch with u for further arrangement? ;)

10. extremepower

foot work.

Hi,
    Difficult lah. Tuesday is the most suitable time as this session is more for intermediate players. If you want to just know how to do it. You can some and see me at blk 221, Yishun st 21. I'll show you there. Just call before you come. Best time is around 9pm. call 91816198.
    rgds

11. sydney1128

ok, I may join you guys for a game on 21 Dec. Is there any other nites where u guys are playing beside Tuesday? :confused:

12. extremepower

game

Come on tuesday first lah. There are other locations but I cannot simply recommend to other location. I am not the boss there as yet. If you cannot make it, take MC lah....one day only mah.....slog out on weekend loh....
    rgds