Scuffing and splitting left shoe

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dimo, Jul 21, 2001.

1. Dimo

Dimo Guest

I'm a right-handed player and for years have found that my left badminton shoe gets abraded and eventually splits always in the same place - on the instep just a bit forward of the arch. Does anyone else experience this?
    I am quite fast around the court and play singles as well as doubles. Some playes say it is my foot dragging on the floor but this cannot be so as the split develops about 1" above the sole level and there are no other such indications anywhere else. I wonder if it is my footwork, i.e. as I chasse my right heel sometimes unknown to me clips the inside of my left foot but I don't notice as I play. I never trip over my own feet!
    I would be interested to hear anyone's comments and remedies as it is costing me a lot of money in badminton shoes!

2. Wedge

Wedge Guest

i've probly ruined about 5 or 6 pairs of shoes becuase of this

most of them were not good for badminton neways

its hard to find a pair of (non-badminton) shoes that will work well and last on court and when u do find a pair u cna never get the same ones again becuz the stores constanty update their line ..

3. Quan

Quan Regular Member

BP(Badminton Player)
    I'll tell you what my cousin and coach and friend told me, if you have those scuff marks on your shoe, youre not a good player or you footwork needs work. The scuffing of the shoe means that you're not moving fast enough so you have to drag your foot.