User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a few female friends who are from malaysia (perak, kl, sembilan, johor) studying in NUS, in arts faculty and life science right now... and yep, actually, they're nicer people than some fellow countrymen... they are more sincere.

moreover, they are more hardworking and clever than me! keke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcstay
    actually, they're nicer people than some fellow countrymen... they are more sincere.
    people always make such a comment; that m'sians are so nice etc etc. but i feel it's really the same whichever country you go. it's really communication that divides us (should any of us encounter unpleasantness amongst the people in foreign countries )
    Last edited by Anatolii; 12-14-2004 at 04:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anatolii
    people always make such a comment; that m'sians are so nice etc etc. but i feel it's really the same whichever country you go. it's really communication that divides us (should any of us encounter unpleasantness amongst the people in foreign countries )

keke, sorry. maybe i should use the word 'generally'.
    anyway, my views don't represent fellow singaporeans.. they're just my point of view after so many interactions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan
    hihi , nice 2 meet u all , i am from Malaysia , i am 16 / female . My favourite is China Team , my favourite players r Lin Dan , Xie Xingfang . Nice 2 meet u all !
    hi suetyan,

i'm sueyen, also from m'sia. and also same age. do u have msn messenger? if u have, so, we can chat and talk about china team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sueyen
    hi suetyan,

i'm sueyen, also from m'sia. and also same age. do u have msn messenger? if u have, so, we can c...hat and talk about china team.
    u r sueyen ar ? i am suet yan , haha , name very same . i dun play msn , juz play icq , so how ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan
    u r sueyen ar ? i am suet yan , haha , name very same . i dun play msn , juz play icq , so how ?
    it is Ok. that u don't have msn messenger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is Ok. that u don't have msn messenger.
    no,so u have icq ? i also hope can chat with u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi suetyan,

i'm sueyen, also from m'sia. and also same age. do u have msn messenger? if u have, so, we can chat and talk about china team.

how can the both of you be the same age when sueyan was born in 1991 (age 13 ) and suetyan in 1988 (age 16)???

im like... wassup?

jug

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno wor , sueyen say same age with me then i think so lor , maybe she make mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

hi Anatolii,

do u have msn messenger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi Anatolii,

do u have msn messenger?
    nope . WHY?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience has been never to judge a book by its cover and worse still to prejudge another person before you even have a chance to interact with him/her.

It takes time to really understand one another and if one does not communicate and keep one's thoughts to oneself, it is even worse. Much misunderstanding can result through lack of direct communication or remarks based on hearsay. Some people are just insensitive to the needs of others and this can cause irreparable damage to the relationship.

Of course it is easier said than done for the art of cultivating a good relationship is a life-long process. Otherwise this will be a peaceful world without its current strife and shortcomings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    My experience has been never to judge a book by its cover and worse still to prejudge another person before you even have a chance to interact with him/her.

It takes time to really understand one another and if one does not communicate and keep one's thoughts to oneself, it is even worse. Much misunderstanding can result through lack of direct communication or remarks based on hearsay. Some people are just insensitive to the needs of others and this can cause irreparable damage to the relationship.

Of course it is easier said than done for the art of cultivating a good relationship is a life-long process. Otherwise this will be a peaceful world without its current strife and shortcomings.
    geez, keke, what i've said previously is just a reflection of my own experiences and interactions. and they are true, at least for myself. i'm a half-malaysian and have many malaysia friends and relatives, so as to speak.

and ya, we all know it takes great pains to maintain and sustain a relationship.

i tell you something: even if you know a person for several years, he may just betray you one fine day, only to your shock upon discovery. all the years that you had treated him as your best friend had all gone in the wind.
    certain people do know how to manipulate relationships and do something hurtful by exploiting your weaknesses that they know so well.

anyway, back to the original topic and talk about something more upbeat....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

geez, keke, what i've said previously is just a reflection of my own experiences and interactions. and they are true, at least for myself. i'm a half-malaysian and have many malaysia friends and relatives, so as to speak.

and ya, we all know it takes great pains to maintain and sustain a relationship.

i tell you something: even if you know a person for several years, he may just betray you one fine day, only to your shock upon discovery. all the years that you had treated him as your best friend had all gone in the wind.
    certain people do know how to manipulate relationships and do something hurtful by exploiting your weaknesses that they know so well.
    tcstay,
    I strongly agree with you.

I got hurt from my best friend before, yes betray by him too, so painful. The world is like sinking, shocking; I just wanted to be disappeared and wished that I were a rock. So painful that it hurt my stomach. Sleeplessness. Don't want to eat. It took a lot of time to recover, 3 years.

Personal development is a process. Than I recovered and got stronger. No pain, no gain.

By the way, I believe Badminton is one of the very good super sports: it trains up resilience. You fall; you stand up AGAIN. You loose 100 times to a guy; you might beat him up tomorrow if you don't give up.

Life is too short to live in a shell. We should avoid to get into any "manipulative relationship", though or dude.
    Last edited by redkingjoe; 12-15-2004 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup. so like red. always says, we have to keep constant vigilance (*sounds familiar* ); no matterr that the person is your best mate. its veery often the people closest to you are your greatest enemy. ... . still waters run deep. *sigh* the world's so twisted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup. so like red. always says, we have to keep constant vigilance (*sounds familiar* ); no matterr that the person is your best mate. its veery often the people closest to you are your greatest enemy. ... . still waters run deep. *sigh* the world's so twisted.
    You have got it: Insider information!!!

In ICQ, PM and email, even more vigilance is required. Our moderators can't extend their valuable help to you.
    Last edited by redkingjoe; 12-15-2004 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redkingjoe
    tcstay,
    I strongly agree with you.

I got hurt from my best friend before, yes betray by him too, so painful. The world is like sinking, shocking; I just wanted to be disappeared and wished that I were a rock. So painful that it hurt my stomach. Sleeplessness. Don't want to eat. It took a lot of time to recover, 3 years.

Personal development is a process. Than I recovered and got stronger. No pain, no gain.

By the way, I believe Badminton is one of the very good super sports: it trains up resilience. You fall; you stand up AGAIN. You loose 100 times to a guy; you might beat him up tomorrow if you don't give up.

Life is too short to live in a shell. We should avoid to get into any "manipulative relationship", though or dude.
    it something that happens rather recently and it depresses me a lot, though it doesn't even matter to that person or other people.

yes, sleeplessness and plus, distracted and listless, to a certain extent, affecting my daily routine.

the worst part of the betrayal is that it's not about loss of physical stuff but rather emotions and some people don't consider that case as betrayal and you are just wrecking yourself and you find it hard to put trust in anyone anymore. the smallness of singapore land space doesn't help matters either, as u may just bump into one another again.

i never know that those betrayal scenes that one scoff in cinemas would take place in real life too and it's oh-so-real... that your best friend backstabs you and forsake you and yet try to act like a saint or nothing had happened in front of others and put on a fake front in front of you too.

humans are complex creatures. emotions are even more complicated. want to forgive and forget certain matters? that's bullpoo. even when u think you are about to get over it in time, it still subsides in your subconscious mind.

it's not about what the person did at that time that hurts you.. yes, that does matter but what matters most is that you realise all the years of friendship don't amount to anything at all afterall.

sometimes it's just so hard to put on a brave front and pretend that you r strong and all right, but u know that yourself isn't in right state of mind. tried to escape from existing problems by playing badminton, but sometimes emotions came flooding back even after a good game and also get easily frustrated with oneself over a schoolboy error in receiving the shuttle.
    Last edited by tcstay; 12-15-2004 at 11:19 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast