Bg-88ti

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by roquejo, Dec 5, 2004.

1. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Anyone using BG-88TI? I just had my AT800OF strung with this one at 26lbs. This string is extremely expensive but it is the best yonex string around because of its rough surface for great control.. but surpirsingly even the power is not lacking. (even when yonex claims it is not suitable for hard hitters)

But I'm wondering about its durability, has anyone used this string for quite some time already? How was it? Do it breaks easily? Do it loses tension slower than other yonex strings?

This stings is almost four times more expensive than the next best yonex string so this is not the one that you want to replace often.

2. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    We have used it before with 23lb on AT700. Very good control. High durability. Extremely expensive to use in long run.

Recommended by Peter LSD, with BG65 at 30lb, it will have almost similar perforamance but at a very affordable price. We tried that out with AT800OF, very very good, although we only used 28x26. Next time will try his recommended tension.

3. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

30 lbs? Dats way too far from the recommended tension of 25 lbs. It might break the racket if ur not careful.

4. chungg

chungg Regular Member

student
    Tried 88ti last summer, strung at 24lb, played 3 times a week, 2 hours everytime, last about 3 months, and even one minute before it broke, it still felt great. In my opinion, it's the best string yonex ever make, it provides even more control than Bg-85, last a little longer than 85, and still has great power. However, it is extremely hard to find in US and very expensive(US$13). So I use Bg-85 nowaday instead.

But hey! I just ordered a roll of Bg-88ti(100m) from Japan(you need to find someone with Japan address to ship), after discount, it's only about US$65 including tax and shipping. Since I also order other stuff, it's not really that much, so on average it's $6.5 per stringing. :p

I will get my bg-88ti when I go back to taiwan on Christmas, will let you know when I get it.

5. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Thanks, so its cheaper there in the US, in china, I bought it for $16.

6. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Regular Member

Molecule builder
    Well in Hong Kong it's $160HKD, which is around $20.5, but that includes the stringing fee, so I guess it's still ok.

BTW had the La Fleche Ti500 strung with this at 25 pounds. Even with these strings, the racket still provides ridiculous power, I fear to think what might happen if one were to string the racket with BG 68Ti or BG 80.

7. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Hmm, what's with La Fleche Ti500? It seems to be discussed requently in this forum. And I thought Yonex makes the best rackets. :confused:

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    We are in the same boat, I have just gotten my BG88TI-T2 from Japan. :)
    Also, I will be going back to TW in December (12/14), any chance you want to come to some of my badminton events? :)

PS: In case people don't know, T2 means 200m reel.

9. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    If you don't have confidence, try 28x26 or 29x27. I believe those two tensions should be approaching the 30x28 with BG65.

With AT800OF, I don't think high tension will not be too big a issue: it was said in Yonex's marketing material, the Frame is especially made stronger on 800.

BT88Ti is good, very very good but too expensive to use in long run.

10. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Thanks for the inputs. :)

11. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    You are very welcomed. By the way,
    1 if you like AT800OF and
    2 if you are big fans of Badminton playing a lot and
    3 if you really care for tension and
    4 if your money allow you.
    5 if AT800 is with good price now.

It will be to your best interest to get an additional AT800OF, just to use two same racket to test on the most preferred strings and tensions on it. Oh, we did it and it was fun comparing by ourself.

12. MarkinJapan

MarkinJapan Regular Member

kouchou sensei!
    What shop? Wembly has a good discount on strings, but its not that good. Maybe 7800 for 100m of bg88ti. Windsor sells for retail as well as Fuji. (retail around 9000yen for 100m) I get a bit of a price deal at Racket shop fuji in machida because I've been dealing with them for so long but it's not that cheap.

What's the discount you're talking about? I've been wanting to pick up a 200m roll, so i want to get a good price on it.

13. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    I thought if you could string yourself, it may be wise to buy bulk. But if you can't string yourself, please ask the shop for the price. The shops told me that they will charge a lot more to string BG88ti than other strings for labour. I was told that it's a bit difficult to string 88ti.

14. chungg

chungg Regular Member

student
    Try this one: 100m for 6240 Yen, the cheapest I can find.
    http://www.futatabishoten.com/index.html

15. chungg

chungg Regular Member

student
    I will be in Taipei on 12/21, would you still be there then? If so we can meet in Taiwan.
    Did you buy any Shb-99 this time? It's too expensive even in Japan, I will get a 98 instead I think, time to change. I will also have my three raquets strung with Bg-88ti, although I have a friend to string them for me in U.S, it will be much better to have an experienced stringer with good machine to string them for me. :D

16. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

So whats the best tension and string you recommed for AT800OF after testing? :)

17. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Yup, I read about it somewhere before. BG88TI is rough so its hard to string. No wonder the chinese girl took 75 minutes to string my AT 800OF at bbesports. The shop said beforehand that it usually takes just 30 minutes for them to string a racket.:eek:

18. hongyi_2000

hongyi_2000 Regular Member

whr to get it in singapore? may i know plz...oh ya restring for me also...how much?

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Bg 88ti is not very highly rated in repulsion power. However, it is very good in control. For strings with the most repulsion power, Bg68ti and the new Bg66 are tops, followed by BG80 and Bg85. The old Bg66 repulsion power was about the same as Bg80/85, but the newer ones are better. Compare the ratings that are shown on each package.

20. hongyi_2000

hongyi_2000 Regular Member

In sIngapore the stock come in very slow lehz...new version of BG-66 not even here yet i think...but i would like to try BG88ti...anyone know where to get in Singapore and price plz...thanks