Lin Dan at Olympics

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by oab729, Dec 5, 2004.

1. oab729

oab729 Regular Member

anyone know what happened to Lin Dan at the olympics? was he injured, did he have an explanation for his performance? thanks in advance

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Lin Dan was met with a loosey goosey Ronald Susilo in the 1st round and was simply smoked even before he realize what had happened. The only remaining Chinese player to last a few rounds was Chen Hong. Don't know what got into Lin Dan, but he either basically wasn't prepared for the event or got overconfident, simple as that.
    Fortunately for him, as happened before, the top seed never won an Olympic Gold in Badminton, so he can take solace in that.

3. hongyi_2000

hongyi_2000 Regular Member

haha...i think he is pretty much overconfidence...and dun underestimate susilo...he is a good player too...anyway...tot taufik is top seed?

4. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

lin dan was the top seed in the olympics. taufik was the underdog, remember? :D

5. ironchef

ironchef Regular Member

maybe he peaked too early...thomas cup was earlier that year

6. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    About the peaking too early thing, did the Chinese not have an exact replica of the badminton hall built?

So it would seem the training was done to peak exactly for the Olympics, however in saying this it could be that he has "peaked" too many times this season for other competitions to get the no1 ranking and they have taken their toll on him, leaving him weakened for the Olympics.

7. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    yeah, taufik was top seed, but not in athens, taufik was, in sydney back in 2000:D , but even tho he was unseeded i dont think he was really an underdog, i mean, before the competition started he was also someone who "may possibly clinch the title", not like he had "no chance" of winning becos he was unseeded

#7 aiyuuw, Dec 6, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2004