User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In chinese saying..... winner is the king, loser is nothing is applicable to this situation of delay in watever situation during the match as long as not being fault by the umpire. It really depends on the player's values and belief as well as their perception of the sportmanship should be like. In bad terms, it could be consider cheating, non sportmanship of a player but in other way round, who cares as long as the players win the match? Some people perceive this players are "street smart" who simply smart enough to find a way to overcome the in-form opponent. There is many reason why players trying to use the delay method in tournament..... some want to steal a breath, some want to calm down, some want to distract the opponent, some may use it as a psychology strategy to annoy the opponent..... If you notice, almost every professional players from various country know the strategy to delay for watever reason be it asking for a towel break, tying shoe lace, wiping the floor even there is no sweat, changing shuttle even the shuttle is still good..... etc, etc.... and i believe all this is being taught from young by coaches in order to survive in the competitive world of badminton where results is more important than anything else........ be it for the player, coaches, association.... winning is above everything because there is no absolute fairness in the real world.... as for ethical conducts of sportmanship, it may applicable to the theory part....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use your judgement. If there is $100 or my NS8k on the line, I will consider push the rule a little. If it is $10,000 on the line. Hell yeah, I will stall as long as the ref does not fault me. I will even take a bathroom break if I can.

On the other hand, I play badminton to make friends now. So what if the older guy takes extra 5 sec to recover. I think I have a lot more 5 sec then the older guy has. I don't want to see him get a heart attack and give him CPR...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2