User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How To Improve Faster???

Hi guys..
    I just want to ask how can i improve faster in my singles game other than having a coach. I am willing to spend most of my time training. Can any of you guys give suggestion on what to do in order to improve faster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Joint a good club maybe Nusa Mahsuri or you may train under Han Jian and enter as many tournament as you can. Make sure you do a post morterm after each game / tournement.

Just my 2 cents advise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darma Sucipto
    Hi guys..
    I just want to ask how can i improve faster in my singles game other than having a coach. I am willing to spend most of my time training. Can any of you guys give suggestion on what to do in order to improve faster?
    Playing 3 to 6 times per week would certainly help. This should include a lot of drills as well as actual play. Drills should include a lot of footwork practice as well as a lot of 2 corner & 3 corner drills.

How is your stamina? It is good to have a solid aerobic base. However, since much/most of badminton is anaerobic, interval training is very important. The combination of fitness & footwork can do wonders for your singles game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

You should really practice your footsteps when you were at home so you can get the hang of it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha i was in your position about 4 months ago and since then i've been playing about 4 times a week (10 hours) and using 1 of those days just doing drills. its good to start with the basic things such as drop shots and foot work before you go on to smashes... doing that i reckon you would see a lot of improvement as i have seen a dramatic change in my game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha okay...actually i practice on the court 6 times a week...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A wise friend once told me...

If you're 16 or older, start incorporating weight resistence into your training routine. Practice more, play less but try to make quality shots in your games. Go 100% when you do play... regardless of opposition calibre. If you have qualms about smashing newbies, focus on shot placement and play a running game to improve on your recovery and strategy. As soon as you established reasonably sound fundamentals, keep up the intensity of training sessions by hitting harder and moving faster all the time. That way you'll find it easier to go 100% in actual games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were/are many kinds of traditional trainings which I have done in Indonesia (when I was young, ofcouse. ).
    One of the trainings is very simple.
    Bind a sandbag round you ankels, wear a weight jacket and do practice your footwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh man.....can u get a video of ur self made when ur playing? see it and spot mistakes.....for example if u couldnt reach a shot..try..erm what reason would be..footwork..err

sorry man..im a lil sleepy....i dont honestly think it would help...i understand that u cant get any couch..so..to..erm train faster..........maybe..u can..err...be more specific? like practise footwork drills for whole two weeks..with no other drills involved...
    then practise some other thing for some time..with only that tihng in your mind and in practise...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

practicing with better players than u would certainly help

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi guys..
    having a good coach will help you improve much faster than what you are able to do on your own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think that he wants to have a coach... he's self-determined... that's a good thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Werus
    i don't think that he wants to have a coach... he's self-determined... that's a good thing
    no, you all misunderstood. Actually i already have a coach and i am now looking for another coach. i love coaching session actually. i just wanna know what can you do to improve if it is not during coaching session...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, you all misunderstood. Actually i already have a coach and i am now looking for another coach. i love coaching session actually. i just wanna know what can you do to improve if it is not during coaching session...
    the best thing is to hit to the wall and try to do this continuously...IMO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darma,

Then you should have make it clearer in the first place. I think most of us made the basic assumption that you weren't able to afford a coach since you're a student.

In your situation, practice practice and more practice. Since you have a decent coach, the form you practice will be the proper one. Also, be mindful to have proper breaks in training. Muscles build up when they're at rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Darma,

Then you should have make it clearer in the first place. I think most of us made the basic assumption that you weren't able to afford a coach since you're a student.
    I strongly agree with cappy. Without a well defined question, a lot of time will be wasted on clarification. People got vey tired in the stage of just making clear of the questions without the time and resources to help solving.

Hope you will give the best background and clearer Qs next time and the next day a lot of enthusiastic members will share their experiences with you pointing to the hard core of the questions.

Happy training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you ask your coach this question since he/she will know your game better than us

As far as I have encountered coaches give good honest critical advice when asked!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast