User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: rashid sidek...

  1. #1
    miswan
    Guest

    Default rashid sidek...

    hello...

    i need biodata of rashid sidek... anybody ...please

  2. #2
    budi
    Guest

    Default Re: rashid sidek...

    he is a male
    he is malaysian
    he is a badminton player
    he is ....

  3. #3
    jayes
    Guest

    Default Re: rashid sidek...

    Well, this is what little I know about Rashid Sidek (information may not be accurate):

    Thirty-three year old, Malaysian, Rashid Sidek is the youngest in the Sidek family - Misbun, Jalani, Razif (there might be another sibling) and belongs to Nusa Mahsuri badminton group.

    Cheers.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    kl,malaysia
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Suprise not many have written about Rashid Sidek.

    Rashid was the top malaysian single in the early and mid 90s.

    He had won many championship in the 1990-1992 seasons.He won the Malaysian Open 3 times. His record at home during those early days was good. He got the tag jaguh kampung or the Home Champion but away from home his record was nothing to shout about. Many have wrote him off as only good in playing at home but an amateur away from home. His opponents beg to differ.

    But this does not take away the fact that he was a talented and a good badminton player who had managed to stay on top 5 of the world ranking from 1991-1993.

    The feather on his cap was the 1992 Thomas cup, when he defeated Zhao jian Hua in the Semi finals and Ardy Wiranata in the finals.

    His career began long before that when he defeated Wei RenFang(the future Alan Budi Kusuma) in the Asia Youth Championship in 1986. In 1988 Thomas Cup semi finals against Ardy, he began the spark that lead Malaysia in defeating Indonesia without w.o the 1st time in history when he beat Ardy in straight sets.

    Rashid also played well in the 1990 Thomas cup in Japan beating Alan Kusuma in straights sets.

    His style is one of fast stroke play with lots of attack. His defence was weak and have difficulty playing fast attacking players like Heryanto Arby and dong Jiong.

    throughout the early 90s, he was able to put himself consistently in the top 5.

    From 1993 to 1995 his game suffered with lots of 1st round exit possibly the euphoria of 1992 Thomas Cup win and rewards got to his working ethics.

    But he came back to the top for the rest of 1996 season where he was back at the top 3 of the World rankings and for a brief moment was no.1. 1996 saw him defeating his nemesis Heryanto Arby the 1995 world champion for the bronze medal after Dong Jiong takes the silver and Paul Erik Loyer Larsen the Gold at Atlanta Olympic games.

    After that he was too old. now he is the coach of the juniors.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post
    Suprise not many have written about Rashid Sidek.

    Rashid was the top malaysian single in the early and mid 90s.

    He had won many championship in the 1990-1992 seasons.He won the Malaysian Open 3 times. His record at home during those early days was good. He got the tag jaguh kampung or the Home Champion but away from home his record was nothing to shout about. Many have wrote him off as only good in playing at home but an amateur away from home. His opponents beg to differ.

    But this does not take away the fact that he was a talented and a good badminton player who had managed to stay on top 5 of the world ranking from 1991-1993.

    The feather on his cap was the 1992 Thomas cup, when he defeated Zhao jian Hua in the Semi finals and Ardy Wiranata in the finals.

    His career began long before that when he defeated Wei RenFang(the future Alan Budi Kusuma) in the Asia Youth Championship in 1986. In 1988 Thomas Cup semi finals against Ardy, he began the spark that lead Malaysia in defeating Indonesia without w.o the 1st time in history when he beat Ardy in straight sets.

    Rashid also played well in the 1990 Thomas cup in Japan beating Alan Kusuma in straights sets.

    His style is one of fast stroke play with lots of attack. His defence was weak and have difficulty playing fast attacking players like Heryanto Arby and dong Jiong.

    throughout the early 90s, he was able to put himself consistently in the top 5.

    From 1993 to 1995 his game suffered with lots of 1st round exit possibly the euphoria of 1992 Thomas Cup win and rewards got to his working ethics.

    But he came back to the top for the rest of 1996 season where he was back at the top 3 of the World rankings and for a brief moment was no.1. 1996 saw him defeating his nemesis Heryanto Arby the 1995 world champion for the bronze medal after Dong Jiong takes the silver and Paul Erik Loyer Larsen the Gold at Atlanta Olympic games.

    After that he was too old. now he is the coach of the juniors.
    Yes! 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Even Denmark won that Olympic gold before.
    I hope, Malaysia with more resources and government funding can soon deliver that elusive gold.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tupai (from Msia)
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Yes! 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Even Denmark won that Olympic gold before.
    I hope, Malaysia with more resources and government funding can soon deliver that elusive gold.
    Yes! I hope the 1st Olmypic gold would be some1 like Lee, Koo or Tan not Sheikh, Muhd or Binti!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s1nn3r View Post
    Yes! I hope the 1st Olmypic gold would be some1 like Lee, Koo or Tan not Sheikh, Muhd or Binti!
    Why? .................

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tupai (from Msia)
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by pijah View Post
    Why? .................
    Why because… Msia spend all our tax money to send a Muhd to space, a Muhd to travel around the world in yatch, a Binti to North pole & a lot of mUhd who cant finish reading ABC to oversea study. Why?

  9. #9
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,960
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    s1nn3r has been banned and this thread closed.

Similar Threads

  1. Bam - please fire misbun and rashid sidek
    By Dato A in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 286
    : 03-18-2012, 09:40 AM
  2. Thomas cup 1992 Semi final: Rashid sidek vs Zhao Jian hua video
    By shooting stroke in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 5
    : 03-08-2010, 01:57 AM
  3. Rashid Sidek (2002) Cinta 200 Ela
    By zazaza in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 14
    : 07-28-2009, 07:57 PM
  4. Rashid Sidek: Lee Hock Lai, Chong Wei Feng, Tan Chun Siang, our future
    By weeyet in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 29
    : 07-12-2008, 05:54 AM
  5. Rashid Sidek interview (on new points system)
    By storkbill in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 01-02-2006, 08:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •