Legs tire out quickly

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by meeya, Dec 9, 2004.

1. meeya

meeya Regular Member

i have been practicing my footwork by shadowing but i found that after a few repetitions my legs feel very tired and it's difficult to get back after lunging and i move slower and slower. :( would anyone know how to get over this? should i do more weight training? if so, aside from quads, which muscles should i focus on? btw, i do leg press and leg extensions, calf raises, etc. thanks :)

2. fan

fan Regular Member

I am sure leg will always go tire quicker than arm, a lot quicker. It has a lot to do with one’s fitness. Do a search you will find tons of articles about how to improve one’s fitness. :)

#2 fan, Dec 9, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  3. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

How many is a few?
    If you are working at high intensity it is normal for the anaerobic energy system to be depleted in about 20-40 seconds. Then you should need about 40-80 seconds recovery time.

4. meeya

meeya Regular Member

thanks for the replies. i do 10 repetitions each for v front, front and back etc. footwork going as fast as i can but after the 7th repetition i'm slower. i rest in between the 10 repetitions taking as much time to recover. i guess i should do less repetitions then.....

5. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Get Fit for Badminton

see the "Get Fit for Badminton" book by Jake Downey.
    still available as free download from his website www.badmintonbooks.com

6. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Along with leg presses & extensions are you also including lunges and squats in your workout? I like to use the (inclined sled) hack squat to exercise the legs. In addition to performing the standard squat motion on the hack squat, I also do some sets with explosive movements using moderate weight. In the latter case, I'm actually jumping off the platform (performing the movement in a plyometric manner). Do not try this with very heavy weights & do not perform this on an inverted incline machine (where your feet are higher than your hips).

Jumping rope is also a very beneficial exercise. This can be done with interval training. For instance, you might jump for 20 to 30 seconds and then walk for 30 to 60 (or even 90) seconds bofre repeating the high-intensity (jumping) phase. Keep repeating this high-intensity/low-intensity cycle.

7. meeya

meeya Regular Member

Thanks Neil, I was able to download the book just now. :)

Thanks also Systemic, I will check with my gym instructor about those exercises. :D