Reviews of Mizuno badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by leehsim, Dec 10, 2004.

1. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

If you visit the following site

http://www.mizuno.co.jp/catalog/badminton/

There are 5 models of Mizuno badminton shoes:--

1) WAVE SMASH SR (art. no. 7KM-40009)
    2) WAVE SMASH RP (art. no. 7KM-41014)
    3) WAVE ANGLE ME (art. no. 7KM-42062)
    4) WAVE ANGLE PF (art. no. 7KM-35535)
    5) WAVE GATE (art. no. 7KM-34014 or 7KM34009)

I appeal to those BFers who own any one of the above to post their reviews on the performance to the Equipment Reviews under Shoes.

As I notice that there are players wearing Mizuno Volleyball or indoor court shoes with art. no. 9KV-xxxxx to play badminton, they are also welcome to post their reviews on those shoes to the Equipment Reviews under Shoes.

Really appreciate their reviews for the benefits for those player in need of kind advice for wearing proper shoes for playing badminton.

#1 leehsim, Dec 10, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  2. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    We just bought a Wave Angle R2(art no. 7KM46003) for my son. That model is with such high demand that all the other sizes were out-of-stock. So happy with the two ventilating "holes" at the bottom and the ventilating holes with the sole.

The shoes is lighter than the original blue Wave Angle but still well cushioned, air-breathing, and smart looking.

red

3. crosstrainer

crosstrainer Regular Member

IT consultant
    been using my Mizuno Wave Gate shoes since nov 04 and i'm still very happy with them. They set me back about US$48 which is not a bad deal for a mizuno.

I also have the first gen wave smash Sr, but truth be told, the wave gate is a better shoe. The cusioning is more forgiving, it's better ventilated (cooler on my feet) and they're just more durable. I had it reviewed in a local forum and I gave it a 9/10. :)

4. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

Mizuno Wave Gate II is shown in the Mizuno 2005 Spring/Summer Collection brochure which I have got it from World of Sport (Singapore).

There are 3 colours: Blue (7km-??), Dark Blue(7KM-54014) and Red (7KM-54062).

http://catalog.mizuno.co.jp/catalog/product/product_s1.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441764155&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474395181589&seFlg=1&bmUID=1110974573662

May be you can see whther it is available in your area and treat yourself a pair.

5. dogflu

dogflu Regular Member

Businessman
    hmm...i've seen my friends wearing it....7km54130 or 34104 i think. :cool: good pair of shoes. reasonable price too. thinking of getting one after my shb98

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Mizuno badminton shoes come in two categories. They are those for natural sportsmen who have flexible feet and there are others for players who have more rigid feet. This is one distinction between Mizuno and Yonex badminton shoes.
    Mizuno badminton shoes that are specifically made for players who have more rigid feet come with the model designation 7KM-34014, 7KM-44014, 7KM-54014, 7KM-34062, 7KM-44062, 7KM-54062. The 7KM-X4014 is blue and the 7KM-X4062 is red. The X in 7KM-X54014 is the year. There is a semi-rigid 7KM-52062 (red) with 2 holes. Other than these shoes, the remaining model nos. are for players with flexible feet, and the flexibility of these shoes can be checked by simply bending the shoes in the middle.
    If you ever injure your ankles, perhaps you shouldn't be wearing shoes that are designed for the top professionals. The humble 7KM-X4014 or 7KM-X4062 would be more suitable for 90% of the players out there. :D

7. fr_topak

fr_topak Regular Member

PM
    [​IMG]

Wave Blocker 2

I bought this shoe 2 months ago. Agree this is a "Volley Ball Shoe" code is : 9kv45003.

I have quite narrow feet and almost all the 7kV versions are to wide in the front for me. A lot of people use this in the courts here and find them quite good.

Support at the heel is quite good. Although there is a tendency to make your arch painfull if you tighten the laces to much specially for flat footed.

If you dont have enough budget for a Yonex SHB98, this can do the job! (I have the Yonex SHB 98 also as alternate shoe) :)

#7 fr_topak, Mar 17, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  8. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    My Taiwanese friend wears the Wave Angle 7KM 52062 as shown below:

[​IMG]

Is this a new model? Could not find it on the Mizuno japanese website.

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Yes, it is a year 2005 model. Unlike the earlier year 2-holes model, this model has a more rigid sole, borrowed from the soles of the 34014 and 54014 althougfh not quite as rigid.

10. Weida84

Weida84 Regular Member

Anyone in singapore know where to buy this shoe? and how much it would roughly cost?

11. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    hmmm....in spore its is quite hard to find a good "purely for badminton" shoes unless u wan those yonex SHB series shoes which can find for S$120-S$130 at bras besah 10 & 10. so a mizuno volleyball shoes is a good choice instead. it offers excellent cushioning, light-weight n the soles are not so thick as to hinder movement n i believe its durability will be better den yonex shb shoes.. as to weida84 ques.... i just bought a mizuno wave blocker 3 (model no.9kv-58709) 2mths ago from takashimaya dept store...the top floor selling sports epmt. its selling at ard S$115 after discounts. i went there coz i got S$70 takashimaya shopping vouchers to use, if not i will definitely go over to queensway. i tink its selling -/= S$100 or so n can try bargain somemore. :D

12. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    thanks taneepak, you are indeed very knowledgeable :)

13. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    Anybody knows where I can get these Mizuno Badminton shoes in Belgium ?

14. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  15. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

You are very lucky that you have got a pair of Mizuno Wave Blokcer 3 at good bargain (Model No. 9KV-58709; 5 meaning it is 2005 stock). WOS retailed this model at S$139. If you go over to Queensway Shopping Centre, I think you would have bought the 2004 stock because the model no. are mostly 9KV-4xxxx.

At Bras Basah Complex Level 3, I have seen the 2005 new Mizuno badminton shoes at Ranking.
    It is Mizuno Wave II (Model no. 7KM-54062 (red) and 7KM-54014(blue)) retailed at S$82.90. I wanted to buy but there is no size 26.0.
    Perhaps you can purchase this model as a 2nd pair and tell us your view.

16. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    oh..i din know its 2005 stocks. :eek: din know abt the serial nos. of mizuno shoes except kv for volleyball n km for badminton. but after i bought the shoes, i had a fruitless time searching thru the net (wave blocker 3) All the searches comes out blocker 2 only n some even suggest blocker 2 is a pair of volleyball shoes for women????? :confused: as for the wave II shoes u mentioned, i tink i did saw before at zenith ard a month ago but not to my liking somehow. (dun really know its the same shoes we toking abt...) maybe if i did go bras besah again...i mite go n take a second look. but dun tink i will buy la....the wave blocker 3 is more den good enuff now. :D

17. laserjet

laserjet Regular Member

18. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

The difference between Wave Blocker II (9KV-48914) and Wave Blocker III (9KV-587/588) is very slight in the cutting design except that one is starts with 4 meaning 2004 production and the other starts with 5 meaning 2005 stock.

19. fr_topak

fr_topak Regular Member

PM
    The sole is different from the pics. plus there's no black color? :)

20. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    I have surfed to this, but can't find a shop which sell the Mizuno Badminton shoes.

Can anybody tell me where in Europe (Frans, Belgium, The Netherlands or Germany) sell it ?