My new Mizuno Wave Lightning Shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by muzikfreakah, Dec 12, 2004.

1. muzikfreakah

muzikfreakah Regular Member

It arrived last night :-D It looks really cool! I will write a review about it once I get to wear it around for the whole week :-D

These shoes were bought in HK. I really also wanted to get Wave Smash but they werent available all over. Taneepak recommended a shop where the smash might be available but it was too far from the house of my brother where my rents were staying. I also had a friend of mine check on the Mizuno shops in Manila but the smash wasnt available too :-( Dang.. Anyway, this is it:
    http://www.mizunousa.com/equipment.nsf/AllProduct/9DA8D34422D429C885256EC100585291?opendocument

Attached Files:

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Heh! I loved the Lightning and I hope that you'll enjoy your shoes:).

3. muzikfreakah

Tried the shoe last night and I love it!!!!! :-D

Cons:
    Long shoe lace :-(

Aside from that everything is perfect, its light, not thick at all even if its an indoor/volley shoe. I think its absolutely great!

I totally have to disagree with people who say that mizuno volleyshoes cant be used for badminto!

4. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

i have a friend who found hers in the way as well; plus the fact that it 'disfigures' the cute look :rolleyes: . she used to tie her shoelaces around the ankle first before doing the knot. but that made her look ridiculous. so now she just stuffs the remainder into the shoes! :D

5. muzikfreakah

Im scouting for a new pair of shoe laces, that are shorter of course :-D to solve this problem:p

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

A matter of fit...

Ugh! The Mizuno Lightning may not be right type for me. I am getting micro blisters on the second and middle toes of my non-racquet foot. Should I get a bigger version so that my toes won't be squished or a smaller one so that my toes won't moved as much (ie. less toe friction)?

7. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    I will be facing a similar problem with my Yonex shb89. Someone informed me that the bigger size is good for walking, but a smaller size is good for badminton. The smaller size barely fit my feet. I hope I am not making a mistake with my first pair of badminton shoes.

8. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    If they are the same as my pairs they will stretch after a few weeks, I have bought them tight and wear a thin running ankle type sock, after a couple of weeks they seem to move about a bit and I have to switch to a thick cotton one.

You should be fine unless you buy them and they are way too tight.

9. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

False alarm, everybody!!!

Heh! Guess what... the problem I had with the Lightning had nothing to do with the shoes at all:eek:. Seems that some of the athletic ankle socks I wore were a size too small, thus squishing my toes as I push off my non-racquet foot. Found that out after mistakenly kept my regular socks on for my games. Toes were just fine afterwards:D.