Poor Hongyan =//

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Syaoran_Style, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

News from www.badzine.info
    i sum up in english what raphy said =p

...This indonesia Open 2004 begin really badly for our new french number one player Pi hongyan, Someone who has really really nothing in his brain ... has found really funny to stole her wallet :mad: :(
    He took her credit card, 250€ (about 280$),her mobile phone and her very new identity card ... she had her passport before her identity card.
    But hongyan seems really cool after she went to the french consulate in jakarta, she told her that she'll have no problem to have another identity card and her passport will be suficient for travel.

I guess she said that during her press conference with ... taufik hidayat lool
    here's a pix

Attached Files:

#1 Syaoran_Style, Dec 14, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  2. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

So sorry....

by now she should know that Jakarta or Indonesia is not the same as France, if you leave your precious behind, you'll lose it in no time. :D
    I'm shocked to know that she just left her bag alone in the middle of the crowd. Even for a minute, however, it would lost, and it happened.

many Indonesian newspapers wrote this incident. Pi Hongyan cried though th at night. She lost 250 euro.... about three million rupiahs + handphone +
    credit card 80 80

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Poor girl...

I hope I could be there, so, I can pay for her expenses at the day, and try to calm her down, if allowed. ;) Maybe I can exchange an autograph something for my effort? :D

4. pptam

pptam Regular Member

Senior Executive
    Euro250 for an autograph? :rolleyes:
    That pretty expensive :D

But I also had one bad expereince in Jakarta.
    I carry my purse, passport and backpack everywhere I go however I think the thief is smarter than me. They can pull my backpack until I fall down and "carry" the whole thing away. I was hospitalised for a day and luckily nothing serious. But this was 2 years ago.

I am not sure whether this is true but I never saw it at Jakarta. My lecturer was having seminar at Jakarta. On his way back to hotel (by taxi) he saw an unexpected incident. He already notice a lady walking across the road. She was wearing gold bracelets and watch. Suddenly a guy came toward her and cut off her arm and carry her arm away. BUt this was happened 4 years ago. I asked my Indonesian friends, they admit Jakarta is not a safe city. Every weekend, she prefers to stay at home rather than shopping.

5. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

the Korean Actress Jang Na Ra found watching the tournament today :D

I didn't know if she put interest in badminton and would go to Indonesia, but it seems no one knows either :D and I thought she had no schedule in Jakarta :eek:
    Because when they saw an oriental-looking girl wearing pink tanktop went outside guarded by official security, they just silent and wonder, who was this girl, looks familiar???

For minutes, finally someone shouted it's Jang and her fans realized then try to chase her :lol:

6. harimau

harimau Regular Member

ITs, CEs, P&C Insurance Agent
    Did you guys know that a famous singer, Sally Yap (Yuek Zhing Wen) is also a hard core badminton fan. She can play badminton for 7 hours a day none stop. She is quite an athlete and she plays pretty good as well. I happened to see her play at a club in the city of Orange, California. She is such a sweet & humble lady for her fame.

7. harimau

harimau Regular Member

ITs, CEs, P&C Insurance Agent
    Tell me about it !! I got pick pocketed on a subway in Paris by those gypsies or whatever you call it. It was so quick until you could not react to it; those thieves were so good even you acted so carefully they still could find a tiny opportunity to steal from you. I lost my whole wallet with US Dollar, credit cards, driver lisence. I think you just can not say Jakarta & Paris is not the same unless you have been to Paris. Paris pickpocketters are much more sophisticated since they rob you in the day light and in front of you; but the irony is you will not even know until they are gone. That takes skills and practices, bro.
    I guess what i am trying to say; this things happen everywhere.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    of course paris pickpocketters have more thiefy skills. In jarkata, why need those skills when u can kidnap or chop off body parts to get the stuffs :rolleyes:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16444&page=1&highlight=aircraft

i'm not trying to stereotyping people, just to warn foreign visitors going to countries where lawlessness knows no bound.

#8 cooler, Dec 17, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    quite a well travelled badminton player as well. if you do a search of "sally yeh" in the forums, you will find a few encounters and stories of members seeing her play badminton.

10. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

yeah, in this case you're right, because you had experienced such things. Maybe Hongyan never experienced them in Paris and didn't know situation here either, so she wasn't aware of her belongings.

11. Syaoran_Style

LOOL i must admit there's so much pick pocketters in paris !!! and i'm happy they dont' do like pick pocketters in jakarta loool

12. Syaoran_Style

I'm not sure but i think that's because she's always in a car, a train or in a fly ... i dont' think she often visit paris

13. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    I am really tempted, and not for the first time too, to tell you simply to **** OFF. And for some reason, I don't really give a damn if I get banned from this site forever for harrassing members.

14. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

But Adel, despite your rare moments of pique, please don't try to get banned, you quite often have really interesting things to say because you see things differently from most people. Then again I doubt the mods would ban you they'd probably ban me first ;P

15. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    \

Adel, please cool off. don't let this upset you, American's in general are like this at time,s they are not aware of how there comments upset other races!

16. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    If you guys are referring to cooler, he's canadian I think. [​IMG]

Anyways, let's forgive and forget. Time to lock up this thread??

17. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    Fend,

Yes I know, I also know calling Canadians, Americans upsets them - just a little bit of fun?

Hopefully everyone can relax a little in the spirit of the forum.

#17 jump_smash, Dec 19, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  18. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    :D. Got ya mate.

19. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    agreed.

BTW, where were you from 12/1/-1216, FEND? Didn't see you post.

red

20. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This story is incredible. Firstly, if Jakarta is so lawless, why would someone openly flaunt gold bracelets and watch? Secondly, I don't think it is so simple to cut off someone's arm. Makes better sense to just take the watch and bracelets.

I know Indonesia is comparatively unsafe compared to your average city, but I find there is a concerted effort to discredit Indonesia on many fronts and from many quarters. There are some horror stories and I believe they are true, but a lot of people have the impression that the whole country is like that all the time. Well, it is like in some parts of New York (say Central Park). It is ok to go there. It is unlikely that you see something bad happen, but sometimes some horrific stuff do happen. But it is still ok, you just have to exercise some caution. When I backpacked in the US and Europe, at times, when venturing into a wrong area, I had been afraid and had to be very cautious. Even in my own home city (KL), I had that feeling before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.