Which Yonex String For Maxium Power

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by green ham, Dec 15, 2004.

1. green ham

green ham Regular Member

Hi i have recently got a yonex armortec 300 it came strung with yonex bg65ti but i am looking for a yonex string for maxium power regardless of control. Please help as i only ever used 65ti which tension should i use for good control and power? 23-24lbs???

2. vienly

vienly Regular Member

Networking
    65ti has no power, the strings are far too thick and inferior in my opinion.... i would go for bg80 at 24lbs
    or just beef up so u can hit harder lol

3. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    You need to try out as many combinations of string and tension as you can, what will work for me might not work for you so you have to try them out.

Power is reliant on proper technique, if you want more powerfull shots from the back of the court try holding the racket a little farther down the grip.

Also power is nothing without control as I'm sure members will comment, if you have the most powerfull smash in the world it is nothing without the ability to aim it.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Dill, if we assume all those variables are the same and only the string is being changed, which one would be recommended?

I think I'd go for BG66 - the tension required would be dependent on the user's playing characteristics.

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Different players have different opinions of which Yonex string provides the most power. Yonex provides its own guide which is printed on the front and back of its string packet. On the front, words like "Great Repulsion" and "High Repulsion" can be seen on some types of strings. Currently, as far as I know, only two Yonex strings are rated by Yonex as having the most repulsion power, and they are BG68Ti and the new BG66. There are two versions of Yonex BG66, the old and the new. The old one says "High Repulsion" but the new one say "Great Repulsion" on the front of the packet. On the back, the string properties, including repulsion power, are shown in a diagram. :D

6. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    So here's the question. Is Great < High?

Is the diagram showing the repulsion as a lower value on the new package?

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The diagram uses 5 notches as the standard. Both BG68Ti and the new BG66 are shown to have 9 notches in power repulsion. The old BG66 has only 8 notches, similar to BG85. Great repulsion is higher than high repulsion, as high means something higher than ordinary whilst great is a more pronounced high. :D

8. green ham

green ham Regular Member

i dunno

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES