Should the original grip be retained?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by KOTA88, Dec 15, 2004.

1. KOTA88

KOTA88 Regular Member

I'm wondering whether I should retain the original grip of my racquet or remove it?

I prefer head heavy racquet (currently using MP100 2U), and somehow have the feeling that by wrapping over the original grip (whether with tower or synthetic grip), the racquet "looses" a little of the head heaviness, and therefore its power.

Can someone advise on this? Thks.

2. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    its up to u.... some pple like larger grip... so they just have another layer... while some prefer smaller grip so they remove it.... and no the racket did not lose any head heaviness but instead more weight is added at the bottom thus feeling that it is more balanced

3. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    really depends on you.but for me i have a samller palm so i take out the 1st layer.its just too thick for me.i just liek could not feel the racekt.after taking it out it feels better.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It depends. An alternative way is to remove the original grip, but put 2, even 3 layers of thin overgrip instead. This way, you have a little bit choices to increase/decrease the grip size, while shifting/maintain balance.