training schedule

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Darma Sucipto, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

hi guys...
    i have a problem arranging my time schedule on training and studying... i just wanna ask for your guys suggest for a better time schedule. my time schedule must inculde 11 hours of school, 2 session of training (in the morning before school and evening after school), 2 hours of revision on study, 30 minutes of praying (because i am a christian so i really need prayer). so.. can you guys try to arrange for me the right time table? (the time table must include all those things i've mentioned everyday)

thanks.......

2. Californian

Californian Regular Member

So much school in one day? Is that every day? Is that normal in your country? :eek:

You didn't say how long the training sessions are. Even if they are only one hour each, that occupies 15.5 hrs. of your day, leaving you with 8.5 hrs. for sleeping, eating, transporting yourself, socializing, and recreation.

Your training and school schedule are probably determined for you, so it looks like the only question is about when to study and when to pray.

3. Darma Sucipto

yes.....this is normal in malaysia. But it's only monday to friday. can you explain to me more detail??? because i dun understand what are you writing.

4. ruth1

ruth1 Regular Member

Student Athlete
    What about
    5-7 am training (cardio/footwork/etc.)
    8 am - 7 pm school
    7 - 10 pm training
    10 pm - 12 am study
    12 - 12:30 am prayer

This is the best I can come up with. Are you really in class for that whole 11 block period? If you're not, I suggest fitting your studying/review time into small intervals whenever you have small breaks. That leaves you like 4 hours of sleep a night. Athletes need a lot more. Maybe you can take a break and not do a morning workout on Wednesday. This was, you don't burn out early in the week. Also, you should devote more time to studying on the weekend so that during the week, you just need to review and can spend less time on it and get to bed earlier.

Just a suggestion.

5. Darma Sucipto

thanks for the suggestion... anyway my school time is not that long actually...actually my school starts at 8 am in the morning. i have to leave home at 7 am because the distance from my home to school is very far, and i am taking bus.and my school finish at 3.40 pm and i reach home only at 4.30 pm. so it takes about nearly 10 hours for school.

do you mean like i study at school whenever i am having break time?? if yes, that's a good idea i think.......

and i still dun get it why should i take a break on wednesday...can you explain it more detail???

thanks.....

6. RedWeenie

RedWeenie Regular Member

You should just study and do your homework on the bus to and from school if your on it for that long...

7. Darma Sucipto

ohhh....that's a good idea... thanks for your suggestion!! Anymore suggestion guys???

8. ruth1

ruth1 Regular Member

Student Athlete
    I'm not saying you should not train at all on Wednesday. I'm just suggesting that you take a break from the 5 am training on Wednesday. I wake up at 5 to train in the mornings and it's a lot easier to get through the rest of the week when you have one day to sleep in, preferably in the middle of the week. Good luck

9. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

I agree with Ruth, so maybe your training schedule might be like this:
    5 to 6am: Conditioning: Jogging, Skipping, Footwork or agility training.

At school if you have a gym, maybe you could use it during your break time.
    7pm to 9pm/10pm: On-Court Training.

Wednesday you should skip the 5 to 6am conditioning training.
    Saturday you should start at 8am or 9am, Sunday you should spend some extra time catching up on your sleep, afternoon nap :D

Djarum Kudus has an intensity training chart made last time, and it was like Monday they start off at 70% intensity, Tuesday 90%, Wednesday was 40% so the boys can recover, Thursday 70%, Friday 90% and Saturday back to 40% again. Sunday is resting day. To me it seemed like they focus on speed oriented training during Monday and Thursday and Endurance during Tuesday and Friday, but that's just how I think.

10. faizin

faizin New Member

Hmm...this time table is good to me...Im from Malaysia too.Yes this normally school schedule on Malaysia...anyway thanks for timetable

11. Darma Sucipto

Can Anyone Help With My Training Schedules???

Hi There...this is my training schedule daily....

Monday: 4.30-5.15 p.m: Leg exersices like: -squad down and turn (20x3)
    -stepping to the back and jump to
    the front (10x3)
    -skipping (single skip 150x2, double
    skip 30x2
    -climbing staircase ( ground floor
    sprint to 14'th floor x 2)
    7.00-10.00 p.m: training with coach

Tuesday: 5.30-6.15 p.m: sprinting (100mx10)
    7.30-8.00 p.m: jogging (30 mins)

Wednesday: 4.30-6.30 p.m: Training with coach
    6.30-7.15 p.m: Shadow training like: front 2 sides (20x4)
    side to side defend (20x4)
    back 2 corners (20x4)
    back to front (10x4)
    full court 6 corners (35x4)
    7.30-8.30 p.m: Play some match

Thursday: 5.00-7.00 p.m: I do some skills with my brother
    7.30-8.15 p.m: Leg exersices like on monday

Friday: 1.30-3.30 p.m: training with coach
    8.00-10.00p.m: training with coach

Saturday: 10.30-12.30a.m: training with coach (sometimes)
    7.30-8.00 p.m: jogging (30mins)

Sunday: Rest

These are my training schedule. I am now focusing to improve my speed and power in my game. Can anyone try to give some comments on my schedule? and if there is anything wrong can you guys correct me?