Yonex 8200 stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by iMakk, Dec 16, 2004.

1. iMakk

iMakk Regular Member

Hi,

I wanna get my 8200 Light restrung with BG65. I like higher tensions. Is it safe to go in for 22 lbs main and 24 lbs cross? The racket is 3U.

Please advise...

2. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student

hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

actually, u can go to any racquet shop that offer restringing... they provide the best advice, such as the string recommended and the highest tension possible.

geez, sorry, upon seeing ur location, then i realised what i said may be irrelevant... the shops in my country do offer tons of recommendations tho.

3. iMakk

iMakk Regular Member

Hey, since you are in Singapore, tell me if rackets cost any less there? How much would an Armortec 800 cost for example? Will there be any discounts for Christmas? I know of someone who travels to singapore frequently, may be I can ask the guy to get one from there if it is cheap there...

4. iMakk

iMakk Regular Member

Hey, since you are in Singapore, tell me if rackets cost any less there? How much would an Armortec 800 cost for example? Will there be any discounts for Christmas? I know of someone who travels to singapore frequently, may be I can ask the guy to get one from there if it is cheap there...

Regarding seeking advise from stringers...u are right...most stringing is manual here. In fact, i just got the racket strung at 23 lbs last week, only to realise that it is looser than some of my friends' who got their's strung at 22. So much so that I can realise that the left side of the strings is loser than the right side...an awkward feeling while playing

5. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    geez, haha, i'm not so sure about the prices... only a certain few models such as mp99 and at700.. maybe u can check this thread...
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19880

discounts will have to depend on your bargaining power and your relationship as a customer with the shop (i.e. regular customer?)... but certain shops have different selling practices, so beware. go in with a mind of what you want to buy, and try to ignore the shopowner's 'recommendations...'

stringing is a rather subjective matter. many stringers have different stringing styles and habits too... try to ask for reputable stringers in your region. for me, i have my regular stringer in my region...
    hope these help a little.

6. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Hmm... singapore prices are rather high most of the time.... and yes... tcstay is right.... like the shop i go to sell AT800 at 300++ while i can easily get it at 280 and maybe if possible i can try and haggle a little...and using manual string machines getting different feel is normal... expecially when they are not experienced...

The tension problem...

Check the recommendation of what yonex gave (3U,2U?)
    usually for a yonex they play extra extra safe.... for if they put yy-xx u can still get it to yy-xx+5 even on a electronic tensioner.... for manual i believe at your low tension it is VERY possible to do so...

7. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

The 3U Carbonex 8200 is recommended for up to 18lbs according to Yonex, so if the racket is damaged from stringing at a higher tension, you can't claim warranty based on structural faults of the racket.

You are probably better off with a string that retains tension better and getting it strung at a lower tension, rather than stringing at a higher tension and letting the tension drop, which happens with BG65. Take a look at the reviews, and decide which string you want accordingly.

8. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

To answer your question, yes, it should be safe. I string mine at 27x28 with BG85. However, it also depends on the skill of the stringer, though. If s/he's not careful, s/he can easily bend or break the racquet.

HTH.