Yonex Carbonex 8200

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jamesshieh88, Dec 18, 2004.

1. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    my cousin just gave me her carbonex 8200. not light. i wanna know if anyone has tried this racket. here's a picture of it

[​IMG]

2. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

I've got one still. That model used to be my primary racquets before I switched to the 8200 Light.

IMHO, it's a nice racquet for the value. A bit heavy (2U), slightly head heavy balance, so it can give you an extra power on your smashes and clears.

Not much to it, really.

3. silentlight

silentlight Regular Member

student/programmer
    Man, I just realized the carb 8200 looks like the iso800...anyway, just rambling, heh.

4. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

this racket are good in power,in control wise,i dun find it too good.I would Cab8200 is considered a good racket for it price range.

5. iMakk

iMakk Regular Member

I play with 8200 light. Though I dont know how different is 8200 from it, I can comment only on 8200 light.

8200 Light is not a very powerful racket. While clearing is ok, smashes lack power and you have to be a natural strong smasher to get power out of this racket. The control is also not very good, I would say it is average.

I have got my racket strung at 22lbs x 24lbs with BG65 and that has made some differnce...Yonex recommends a max of 20 lbs.
    Having said the above, it is important for you to know your style of play. If you are a defensive player, this might be a good racket for you. However, if you are an attacking player, go in for the Ti series.