Intermediate-Advanced player looking for places to play

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by Iwan, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Hi any intermediate/advanced player here who have a room for another player in their badminton group? Currently the only group I was able to find of this level is the Jurong Twister.

2. aspmark

aspmark Regular Member

badminton group

I am playing with them too. From what I know, it's the better group in the west side. Boon Lay CC and Bt batok CC are slightly (only slightly) better.
    The rest of the group are around low intermediate.

I play once with Chong pang cc. Above the three group, but too far for me to go there. Very solid.

Are u a single player? I think so. If you want, sms or call me to play in the afternoon. Two of us book one court and play single for one hour. Our standard is around the same. Afternoon for jurong east very easy to get court in the afternoon.

I am looking for someone to train my single. If you want, we play on Wed afternoon as I cannot make it tomorrow night. I think u should hv my hp : 97491655.

3. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

hmm... seems like u r quite an 'advanced player' and oh boy, was i honored to partner u playing last Saturday nite. well, I was glad that we managed to avoid being thrashed by our 'average' opponents and thanks for saving my hard earned $2 (managed to pull off with 8 points). :D if i'm not mistaken, u lost $8 (4 games) that nite and certainly got ur revenge in the single match (by the way, did u beat him?) :rolleyes:

i'm just a beginner and looking forward to play against u to polish up my rusty skills. i hope u wont dissapoint me... pls thrash me... c u this saturday at JE.

4. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Oh ya, sry about that nite. I still couldnt play normally ^^" I was quite tensed up when playing that time. Next time we try harder, sure can win :D
    And no, lost $2 to Uncle AHua only, but won against him and Sophian in singles la :D hehehe. anyway ya, see u this saturday, my shoulder should be good to smash hard already by that time.

5. aspmark

aspmark Regular Member

badminton group

Who r u? Cannot recall ur nick. No lah, I am not advance player.... jus a nobody in the group. As for the doublethat night playing badly. Did you partner me that night. I think my partners that night all very good but our coordination need to be improved and i need to relax more. In fact, I don't like playing money.....

Yes, I manage to beat him with my stamina......c u cheers

6. aspmark

aspmark Regular Member

Sophian is one of the best single player in the group. U can beat him... wow. I did not have chance to watch the match as i am playing a single too. He looked very tired to me. If you play single with him when he is fresh, u will definitely enjoy it............

If you are free tomorrow afternoon, go n watch cheers youth international. Very young player but standard very high..........

Singapore got hope in 2-4 year time.........

7. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

mmhh, played Sophian again yesterday, went to the third set, I lost. I'll beat him next time tho :D I know his game already.

8. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I am glad that u did quote yourself as 'I am not an advanced player... just a nobody in the group'. Not to disrespect anyone of the group, i hv to agree with your statement and hopefully u will stick with this statement.

YES, i did partner u that nite and gave up the game to reserve my energy for the next better game. it's a norm to form a strong player with a weak one to make the game more interesting. i guess i was the weak player when partnering U :)

The group consists of several good players (unfortunately, i am not one of them) and hopefully we could get more good players who excel on court, NOT in the forum :cool: .

9. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

the arrow wasnt shooting at U. frankly, u did pretty well in single (can beat me any time) and need to be more aggressive in ur double.

10. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Yeah, it just so happens that I had a shoulder injury. Smashing always brought some pain to my shoulders that nite and previously, but its much better now. Btw, what's ur name? I'd like to partner up with u again.

11. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

If aggressive = smashing = advanced player, I'm sure they are plenty of advanced players (exclude me) playing around. Unfortunately, that's not the case... smashing is only one of the vital components, but not the only ingredient to be an advanced player.

I'm the tall and beginner player who always rubs his shoulders/arms with painkiller hoping NOT to jeapordize having good games with advanced player, like ASPMark. Quote by William Hung,"I've given my best. I hv no regrets. I hv no professional training". I'll continue to learn from u guys :D

Wont be there this Xmas due to family commitment. C U for the next session...

12. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

thats true, smashing a lot doesnt make a person an advanced player. but i heard that in doubles, by smashing a lot means you are an aggressive player. well, that's what i heard :rolleyes: im not much of a doubles player to be honest, I train in singles :D

#12 Iwan, Dec 22, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  13. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    we shall continue our single game :) ... i will try to come on Saturday ... and book extra court on Tuesday :eek::D:D ... i really need to slim down :crying::crying::crying: been trying for few years ... but couldnt resist the temptation.

totally agree :) ... and your single has improved a lot since our game last year :mad:

14. lignofix

lignofix Regular Member

fragrance tech
    Hougang team

Dear Iwan,I could see that u are a good singles player,if u join us,we are basically a doubles player team,
    I saw u playing u against Sofian in the single last Tuesday nite,I was impressed with your skills,too bad we lost to him in the doubles,they were too strong for us,we managed to get 7 points,
    Jimmy is right, I must face reality,I have the stamina but not the speed,
    shuttles are being played low and fast,they are not even lifting, I don't have a chance to counter attack,I am already 44,next year I can play in the veteran.
    My group top seeded doubles cannot beat Sofian and Jimmy,so if u think that is okay with u,u are invited to join us on every Sat mornings 0900 to 1300hrs in Hougang Sports Hall,.I know that is far but I have been playing with them for the past 4 years,we are also losing players due to injuries which is the norm for this game,if it was 4 years back, I could have given the Twister a fight,but that is part of ageing.:p

15. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

oh... didnt know u r Sophian :p thought u were using swijaya :D anyway yah, I dont know if i can make it on Saturday also, but I will definetely be there on Tuesday.

Hi uncle, Hougang is too far away for me to play at that early in the morning ^^" I live at Upp Thompson rite now. Takes almost two hours to get there by bus and MRT, including the waiting time. Thanks for inviting though, anyway since sch is going to reopen soon, I've decided to just play at Jurong for now, and spend the rest of the days training to beat Sophian :D heeheehee~ Have to do more running and weights, otherwise no patience to play against Sophian :p

16. Mervyn

Mervyn Regular Member

Civil Service
    Intermediate-Advance Player

Hi! I would love to play with you guys on Saturday evening around 4 to 6 pm. That's the only time I can afford. I do play on Wednesday pm at MINDEF Gombak though. Just to let you know I am 41 and not sure if guys want to play with a person that old. So where do you guys play?

17. Mervyn

Mervyn Regular Member

Civil Service
    Intermediate-Advance Player

Give me an SMS if you guys are still looking for a player to play - 91992789 or email me at mervyncheah@yahoo.com.sg.

18. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

sry, i cant play on saturday cept for the 8 to 10 session at jurong coz i have lots of church stuff going on on saturday.

19. Wukong

Wukong Regular Member

Looking after little monkeys :)
    Hehe.. the last time I played singles against jurong_twister, I really "twisted" my ankle! :D
    The time before that, I partially tore my right archilles tendon. :crying:
    From now on, I'm staying far far away from him!
    Eeeks!
    Maybe he should change his name to something like "jurong_hugs" or "jurong_friend", then I'll consider challenging him again.
    Hee hee!
    You guys have fun! I'll watch and enjoy myself from a distance... (ie court 5 & 6). :p

20. extremepower

extremepower Regular Member

Help badminton players to enjoy badminton and affo
    players.

Chong pang tuesday 7.30pm anyone? We have all kinds of rojak players. From beginners till advance with $2 per game also have. If you play the $2 game, you'll defintely improve faster. More motivation to win. $5 per nite. Join us for the fun. There may be lots of players at times. Depending on players mood.
    rgds