User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default News : 6 stars for Indonesia Open 2005

PBSI and its sponsor Djarum have increased Indonesia Open to be 6 stars tournament begin 2005 with the price of US$ 250,000.

This news is released by Tournament Director of PBSI G. Sulistiyanto yesterday (Sunday 19/12).

The decision is taken by PBSI in the meeting on Fryday (17/12) in front of IBF vice president Punch Gunalan.

The price of the past 23 Indonesia Opens was US$ 170,000.
    Next year, it will be 4 grand prixes which hava 6 stars: China Open, HongKong Open, Korea Open and Indonesia Open.

G. Sulistiyanto said that PBSI has 2 alternatives to organize Indonesia Open.
    2 GP's with the price US$ 170,000. or 1 GP with US$ 2500,000.
    PBSI took the second one.

Beside the price, PBSI has re-scheduled Indoensia Open from June to September.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With such high money reward,im quite sure there will be a nice fight out there between all the top class player...im prepared to watch it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkusmanto
    PBSI and its sponsor Djarum have increased Indonesia Open to be 6 stars tournament begin 2005 with the price of US$ 250,000.
    It was disappointing trying to get official results for the recently concluded Indonesia Open. The results for the current Singapore Youth International are updated more promptly than the 5-star Indonesia Open.

If next year's Indonesia Open is going to be upgraded to 6-star, then the organiser should develop an official website with live scoring befitting such a prestigious event.

Maybe IBF should enforce that organisers must update results promptly and at least twice daily for events of certain status. Live scoring should be strongly encouraged for the "top end" tournaments.

What do you think ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

such a good news , the prize very good !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope for better live coverage and publicity next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because now we are sitting in the 21st century and in the era of cyber, so we hope that IBF has a 'strengh' rule for the 6 stars tournaments.

Just a sample : China Open and Indonesia Open.
    We all know that China Open has a web-site but no English and no online score. The wost is Indonesia Open, no web-site at all

Not only IBF, but the organisators of the tournaments have to think also about people who love badminton in whole over the world.
    People who crary about badminton and want to follow the progress of their star players online.

Quote Originally Posted by johnps
    It was disappointing trying to get official results for the recently concluded Indonesia Open. The results for the current Singapore Youth International are updated more promptly than the 5-star Indonesia Open.

If next year's Indonesia Open is going to be upgraded to 6-star, then the organiser should develop an official website with live scoring befitting such a prestigious event.

Maybe IBF should enforce that organisers must update results promptly and at least twice daily for events of certain status. Live scoring should be strongly encouraged for the "top end" tournaments.

What do you think ?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not only IBF, but the organisators of the tournaments have to think also about people who love badminton in whole over the world.
    People who crary about badminton and want to follow the progress of their star players online.
    A website would also help promote the sponsor's name.

It's a very easy way of disseminating the name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Another flop

Doesn't matter is five or six stars, the timing is lousy in September especially after the conclusion of World Championship 2005 in August, many top guns may chose to skip this tournament. Why not schedule like before April so players from all nations are eager to come to collect valuable points to qualify World Championship?
    If I am not mistaken, China will only send the youngsters to the 6-star Korea Open in January? If this is true, what a blow! 3 months of quiet period until All England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han
    Doesn't matter is five or six stars, the timing is lousy in September especially after the conclusion of World Championship 2005 in August, many top guns may chose to skip this tournament. Why not schedule like before April so players from all nations are eager to come to collect valuable points to qualify World Championship?
    If I am not mistaken, China will only send the youngsters to the 6-star Korea Open in January? If this is true, what a blow! 3 months of quiet period until All England.
    Wouldnt it be otherwise tho? I mean the players might still be in their peak, so they'd most probably go there for the money, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iwan
    Wouldnt it be otherwise tho? I mean the players might still be in their peak, so they'd most probably go there for the money, right?
    mmm, dont think so, sorry, i agree with han, lets just hope that pbsi change their mind, i mean their aims are all england, wc, and olympic, they compete in many tourneys is in order to qualify for those 3, and after one of those 3 tourney being held, some players will just take a rest and skip few tournaments after the big event, and some reitiring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was tournament director of PBSI, I will set Indonesia Open before WC 2005.
    I agree with Han : "Why not schedule like before April so players from all nations are eager to come to collect valuable points to qualify World Championship?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just found this out as well. i don't understand why the PBSI would delay the 2005 IO to September??..As planned before, June was already fine, with July as a break month before the WC..Mebbe cause it was too close to the last IO??...Anyway, if they still uphold the decision, then that would mean there will be 2 months of "resting time" before WC(as the Sudirman Cup will be held in May, after AE and Japan Open), just hope they hold it near the end of September..

If I was tournament director of PBSI, I will set Indonesia Open before WC 2005.
    I agree with Han : "Why not schedule like before April so players from all nations are eager to come to collect valuable points to qualify World Championship?"

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iwan
    Hate to say this but if you go out in the earlier rounds (q/f or before), very likely you won't even cover the cost of flight and accomodation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope the game will take place at Jakarta. Does anyone has info where it will be held??????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikki
    i hope the game will take place at Jakarta. Does anyone has info where it will be held??????
    i dont know for sure, but most likely it'll be held at jakarta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aiyuuw
    i dont know for sure, but most likely it'll be held at jakarta
    i dont think indonesia has some other place in international class for this 6* tournament instead of jakarta... so the only possibility is in jakarta i think...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nugroho
    i dont think indonesia has some other place in international class for this 6* tournament instead of jakarta... so the only possibility is in jakarta i think...
    what?? that is so incorrect. what about Bali? and Surabaya also have international airport and hotels.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast