News : 6 stars for Indonesia Open 2005

Discussion in 'China Masters 2005 / Indonesian Open 2005' started by jkusmanto, Dec 20, 2004.

1. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    PBSI and its sponsor Djarum have increased Indonesia Open to be 6 stars tournament begin 2005 with the price of US$ 250,000.

This news is released by Tournament Director of PBSI G. Sulistiyanto yesterday (Sunday 19/12).

The decision is taken by PBSI in the meeting on Fryday (17/12) in front of IBF vice president Punch Gunalan.

The price of the past 23 Indonesia Opens was US$ 170,000.
    Next year, it will be 4 grand prixes which hava 6 stars: China Open, HongKong Open, Korea Open and Indonesia Open.

G. Sulistiyanto said that PBSI has 2 alternatives to organize Indonesia Open.
    2 GP's with the price US$ 170,000. or 1 GP with US$ 2500,000.
    PBSI took the second one.

Beside the price, PBSI has re-scheduled Indoensia Open from June to September.

2. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

With such high money reward,im quite sure there will be a nice fight out there between all the top class player...im prepared to watch it :)

3. johnps

johnps Regular Member

It was disappointing trying to get official results for the recently concluded Indonesia Open. The results for the current Singapore Youth International are updated more promptly than the 5-star Indonesia Open.

If next year's Indonesia Open is going to be upgraded to 6-star, then the organiser should develop an official website with live scoring befitting such a prestigious event.

Maybe IBF should enforce that organisers must update results promptly and at least twice daily for events of certain status. Live scoring should be strongly encouraged for the "top end" tournaments.

What do you think ?

4. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

such a good news , the prize very good !

5. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    hope for better live coverage and publicity next year.

6. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    Because now we are sitting in the 21st century and in the era of cyber, so we hope that IBF has a 'strengh' rule for the 6 stars tournaments.

Just a sample : China Open and Indonesia Open.
    We all know that China Open has a web-site but no English and no online score. The wost is Indonesia Open, no web-site at all :(

Not only IBF, but the organisators of the tournaments have to think also about people who love badminton in whole over the world.
    People who crary about badminton and want to follow the progress of their star players online.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    A website would also help promote the sponsor's name.

It's a very easy way of disseminating the name.

8. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Another flop

Doesn't matter is five or six stars, the timing is lousy in September especially after the conclusion of World Championship 2005 in August, many top guns may chose to skip this tournament. Why not schedule like before April so players from all nations are eager to come to collect valuable points to qualify World Championship?
    If I am not mistaken, China will only send the youngsters to the 6-star Korea Open in January? If this is true, what a blow! 3 months of quiet period until All England.

9. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Wouldnt it be otherwise tho? I mean the players might still be in their peak, so they'd most probably go there for the money, right?

10. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    mmm, dont think so, sorry, i agree with han, lets just hope that pbsi change their mind, i mean their aims are all england, wc, and olympic, they compete in many tourneys is in order to qualify for those 3, and after one of those 3 tourney being held, some players will just take a rest and skip few tournaments after the big event, and some reitiring

11. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    If I was tournament director of PBSI, I will set Indonesia Open before WC 2005.
    I agree with Han : "Why not schedule like before April so players from all nations are eager to come to collect valuable points to qualify World Championship?"

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

i just found this out as well. i don't understand why the PBSI would delay the 2005 IO to September??..As planned before, June was already fine, with July as a break month before the WC..Mebbe cause it was too close to the last IO??...Anyway, if they still uphold the decision, then that would mean there will be 2 months of "resting time" before WC(as the Sudirman Cup will be held in May, after AE and Japan Open), just hope they hold it near the end of September..

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Hate to say this but if you go out in the earlier rounds (q/f or before), very likely you won't even cover the cost of flight and accomodation.

14. mikki

mikki Regular Member

i hope the game will take place at Jakarta. Does anyone has info where it will be held??????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

15. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    i dont know for sure, but most likely it'll be held at jakarta

16. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

i dont think indonesia has some other place in international class for this 6* tournament instead of jakarta... so the only possibility is in jakarta i think... :confused:

17. uluh dayak

uluh dayak Regular Member

what?? :mad: that is so incorrect. what about Bali? and Surabaya also have international airport and hotels.

18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    If its in Bali, it will be great.. Beach and badminton!

19. taufik 4eva

taufik 4eva Regular Member

but its final it will be held at jakarta.n it will b senayan again

20. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

I really hope it's gonna be in Jakarta 'cause then I'll be able to go and watch and meet my fave players again!!!!!