Smashes

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by young_shaker, Dec 20, 2004.

1. young_shaker

young_shaker New Member

I am doing badminton as part of my pe coursework and one of my weaknesses is the smash. Im trying to figure out how i can improve but i dont have a clue how. My problem is i either miss or it goes deep into the court not straight down. Anyone got any ideas?

2. Growy

Growy Regular Member

Online Marketing Thingy
    If you use the search functions on this site, you'll find plenty of info on smashing. The one on the left nav bar searches the articles and the one above, just below the pics, searches the forums.

3. teckwei

teckwei Regular Member

u have to noe the stroke b4 u can smash.....if u canot smash properly then juz do one drop shot or lob back....thats the most easy way....;)

4. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    oi no msn language here.timing is the key to getting the smash correctly.you should hit the birdie at the highest possible point your racket can reach.

5. teckwei

teckwei Regular Member

for smashing u also have to smash downwards not upwards....shawn did not mention that.....smash is not so important.....dun believe wat shawn said..onli the part..hit the birdie at the highest point is correct..

6. seawolf486

seawolf486 New Member

undegrad
    Hello... new to this forum... hee... just recently found out that it is far better to work on proper stroking and placement of the shots...smashing feels great but is tiring after a while and usually do not yield the winning shot in the end after my opponents got used to retreiving smash.....(Humans condition the body reaction very quickly) would suggest trying to work on proper strokes and placement.... smashing can come later.....

7. oab729

oab729 Regular Member

yeah, smashing isn't the most important thing if your just starting. I suggest you work on the stroke and clearing. Because if you ever mess up you can just clear and get back into position, also smashes are easy to return if you can't get your oponent in a disadvantageous position. Also smash power isn't as important as the placement. Some players can smash way faster but i can easily return them 9/10 times but others smash way slower but they can place their shots and get me in a disadvantegeous position and kill me with their smash despite being much slower.

8. kontrabando

kontrabando Regular Member

IT Manager
    proper handgrip....hit at the highest angle...hold the racquet quite loosely and don't hold it hard...relax...do shadow smash...bird must be slightly in front of you upon impact...don't do panhandle...twist ur body to the right (for righthanders) b4 hitting the bird...lastly, use the search function of this site to look for tips on effective smashing :) there are tons of step-by-step instructions out there...

9. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    ya dont try to work too much on smashes.do the basics first like dropping and netting.that is the best.but if you really want to go on smashing.another thing to note is the body transfer too.thats very important for a smahs too.

10. He Minwei

He Minwei Regular Member

Student
    If you want to execute a proper smash either get someone who is a professional player or get a coach to guide you to the proper technique,no point of saying the theory of smashing.What i can said is that 'Practice makes perfect'
    so just keep on training your smash on the courts or look at how others smash and soon enough your smash will somehow improve.

11. seetendra

seetendra Regular Member

Student
    guys i too have a little prolem.iam not able to get the cross court smash.

pls help me thx