Which AT800 is more saleable in your country?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by roquejo, Dec 21, 2004.

1. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Curiously in the Philippines, AT800 OF is more saleable, so far, all stores I asked said OF. It makes me wonder since the DE is less extreme than the OF so it is supposed to be more suited for greater number of people.

How about in your country?

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I do noticed that most AT800 users in my local area seemed picked AT800OF way over AT800DE. Try not to be offensive, but I do noticed some of them (especially the ones w/o too much strength or quick swing) seem performed 1 lvl below where they suppose to.

Therefore, I believe many ppl got fooled by the name "OF vs DE", as they think OF means good for attack, and as long as u use it, u can do that. But forget that's only true if u can perform with it to its potential.

3. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Same here, I have seen more OF than DF

4. F-Man

F-Man Regular Member

Student
    Most people buy the OF because they "THINK" that they will get more power. Inactual fact, the DF is slightlyless stiff as well as less head heavy, which means that "MOST" people will actually have "MORE" power with less effort.

This view is shared by many people who earn both rackets. Since most of us do not have the strength of the Pro's, many would get tired more quickly from playing with the OF. In fact, for those who have read this thread, ask those with both rackets:

Which do you prefer? OF or DF?

Frommy experience, the result is quite surprising.

5. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I have both OF and DE but prefer the DE because its much easier to play with. However I do know of some ladies chose the OF because they disliked the lime green color of the DE :D

6. altreality

altreality Regular Member

The OF is definitely harder to use and a lot less forgiving - it is not suitable for beginners as it will make their shots feel inadequate and well, limp ...

The DE is a lot more forgiving - shots are on target with more punch .....
    I use the OF for doubles and DE for singles... for only one reason .. I need to get to the far shots quicker.....

7. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Thanks for your good insights. I guess the name of the racquet indeed affects its sales because of the people's perception. I guess yonex should not call the DE defensive coz it is not really a defensive racquet.

Regarding those people who owned both racquet, the preference of DE over OF does not always hold true. The shop keeper knows someone who bought both racquets sold the DE and kept the OF instead. Guess it all boils down to your playing style.

For me, I'm completely satisfied with the OF, at first, it takes a lot of adjusting to its extra stiff shaft. But once you get the hang of it, you will be OK. If you own the OF, it helps if you just stick to one racquet and not keep on switching racquets, so that you'll adjust completely to it.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Racket selection is indeed personal preference issue. However, the sad part it, the preference should be based on the performance, but many ppl think that's based on the name/brand, etc. :cool:

9. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    yup i agree with lazybuddy.btu 1 thing that i like most is the swing power system so i dotn care of teh mp series.the swingpower works wonders on me.