This weird thing happening in my legs.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Furqan, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Furqan

Furqan Regular Member

student
    Hey.
    I dont know if this thing has been asked before, i searched the forums but result did not find anything useful.

First i would like to tell you about my physical strength, in short; i am real weak..height is about 5.8...age is 16..umm and weight is...43 KGS....!!...it makes me about 96.3 LBS.

and im playing badminton for more then an year..regularly....

the problem i have has been here for around a weak or two, i usually feel it when i go to bed at night...it is that i feel this weird thing in my legs..on thighs actually...i feel this weird feeling that...umm i dont think i can explain it...i just feel that all of my energy, is being taken out of my thighs...i feel weird kind of pain...i feel im being drenched out of oxygen there..or somethng...or drenched out of blood...or energy...i am really sorry for asking the question without being able to epxlain it properly...but i dont know how to do that. anyways, i have to keep moving quickly to ignore that pain.....but it is like a lot. i aint able to even sit...or any thing..i often feel this in my hands or fingers too...that they are TOO weak...
    so i wanted to ask if it has any tihng to do with me playing badminton a lot..but that was like since ever..and the pain started now. i donno why.

maybe i should have asked thjis type of question at a medical forum:crying: ..but as friends...just wanted to discuss it.

man it killing me what can i do? i would really really appreciate if someone replies.

2. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

My advice would be to get a full check-up done. Full blood work, allergy tests, etc. Find out if there's anything physically abnormal with you. And, if I were you, I'd do it soon.

Just my $0.02, FWIW.

3. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    considering u are <100lbs at 5'8", u are grossly underweight... i am 5'6"-5'7", 125-130 lbs and i am borderline proper weight... as far as bmi is concerned anyway.....

unless u are a very special case, you really need to bulk up my friend....

4. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

I wouldn't necessarily worry too much about the weight.
    At 16/17 I was about 100lb and really skinny. Height is 5'9''
    At 21, after university, I was only 14lb heavier.
    Now I am 170lb and would rather be lighter.

But if it continues, see a doctor.

5. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    Have you changed anything particular about your badminton playing style in the last little while, or are you playing longer games?

And perhaps something outside of your badminton time has changed... How about your diet? Sleeping patterns? And is it both legs, and both hands? Stress?

6. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    from a north american standard, your height and age puts the average weight at 140 to 170 pounds, although these are just generalizations as lots of other factors have to be considered.

but regardless of weight, the pain you are experiencing may be indicating other problems which should be looked at by a doctor. after hard exercise, there will be exhaustion and you may feel some discomfort and tiredness in the muscles. it is possible you are over-exerting. since there is not a lot of details it is hard to determine.

another possibility is that there are problems with the region you are in. toxins and the air and water can affect health and recovery. you may need to look at what you consume on a regular basis (not just the food, but water quality and air quality).

7. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

for me personally all my health is related to my noutrishion. A couple years ago I would have blackouts during intense badminton games which would totally sap my energy. So I went to a cardiologist and she basically told me that I need to eat more protein and electrolytes. So now I eat a ton of protein with protein powder, cheese, meat and eggs. I also drink a ton of water and koolaid to keep the electrolytes and hydration up. Try it, see what happens, but man if the pain is that bad go see a doctor.

8. speedy

speedy Regular Member

You might be experiencing chronic fatigue.

Take multivitamin-multimineral supplement plus stress B (High dosage vitamin B)

There's a medicine called Arcalion sold at the pharmacy to overcome fatigue.

You might also want to try approved traditional medicines which are really great for muscle/joint pain and for stamina

9. socko

socko Regular Member

Work
    Hey there,

To be on the safe side you should get a full check up done. But I reckon it's just growing pains. I used to have that too. When I was between 13 to 16 I shot up 20cm causing me no end in pains on my knees and thighs.

It feels really tired, and quite achy sometimes right? I'm pretty sure it's just growing pains.

Regards

10. Furqan

Furqan Regular Member

student
    hmm yeah it feels really tired..and btw i ghave grown up like 15 cm in last 18 months too...

its both legs..and yeah i have started using that chasse step...actually before it my footwork sucked and mostly in non-important matches..i dint use to run much because i knew id never be albe to reach..but now i started this new tihng..now i run a lot to get used to it...and im focussing on my footwork a lot these days..anyways..

umm guys thanks for the help...il prolly get a check up soon..umm prolly not:confused:

11. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Get A Checkup!

It could very well be growing pains, improper nutrition, chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple sclerosis or any of a number of other things. These problems sound a bit serious & it would be best to have this checked out by professionals rather than getting your medical diagnosis from the likes of us.