big re-organization of the Chinese team.

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by kwun, Dec 21, 2004.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    according to Chinese media, there will soon be a big re-organization of the Chinese team. the re-org has to do with the coaches than the players. among the 18 coaching staff, 12 will move to a different coaching positions within the team.

there aren't much details given but i am sure we will soon find out.

2. fan

fan Regular Member

Can’t wait to find out. I wonder what trigger the change. :eek:

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    2008 olympic, beijing

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the new rumor is that the head coaches for MS,MD,WS,WD will stay in their current position.

the MX head coach, Chan Hing Dong will be reassigned to 2nd/3rd team. no rumor on who will be assigned the MX head coach position.

current 3rd team MS head coach Ji Xinpeng (2000 Olympics MS Gold) will become the assistant coach for 1st team MS, under the current MS head coach Zhong Bo.

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    sounds like the coaching staff have had their appraisals, and are being promoted/demoted!lol

Not too much of a surprise the XD is changing, aprt from Zhang/gao, I couldnt name any other pair.

Zhong Bo seems to be like LYB's assistant, he watches all events matches, not just his own MS.

Who is MD head 1st team coach?

Nice to see Ji getting a look in. He was a very thoughtful player from the games I have seen from him, although I always thought he looked too confident. I have never seen him sweat, heavy breathing, or look tired once once during a game.

6. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

there's chen qiqiu/zhao tingting.

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Oh yeah!! I had a blank when I wrote that last night! :eek:

They have had quite a good year in minor tournaments, But they both are weak mentally. I am not looking for great things from them.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I would rather say most of the changes should be based on the "need" rather than promotion or punishment.

Of course, it's very important to get the decent coach for 1st team, but 2nd and 3rd team are the future within the next several yrs. Don't be surprised that some talents from current 2nd or even 3rd team will shine in 2008.

To me, tactic traninging skill is surely important, but how to interact with different players (i.e. many young kids in 2nd or 3rd team) might also play a big role on coaching assignment. :rolleyes:

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    To be honest, I am not familiar with the setup of the National team. Are the 2nd and 3rd teams for Kids? Or are they for quality sparring for the First team members? Or a mix?

Dont they have a seperate team for National Juniors?

Whatever the case, I would have thought that they have the movement of the coaches between teams depending on experience and performance, as they do not put top players to coach straight from the playing side (eg. Zhang ning or XXZ) I would think it will be 3/4 years before we see them watching from the seats behind the court, if we ever do.

10. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

hey,
    i agree with you, about their mental strength part. they tend to get over confident when they are leading in a match, don't they. but that's not 'un-overcome-able'... ;) so I'm expecting to hear more of them in the times ahead.

11. badminfreak

badminfreak Regular Member

I wish I still lived in China... I live in UK
    sorry ive never heard of this re-organisation thing. wel does it mean that li yong bo won't be the head coach anymore or does he remain the same all the time unless he retires.

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    so the results is out. it was announced in the Chinese team winter conference held today (Jan 06 2005) in Beijing.

MS:

1st team assistance coach (Li ChiFeng) will become 2nd team head coach, 2nd team head coach (Wu BakKeung) will become 3rd team head coach, while 3rd team head coach (Ji Xinping, 2000 Sydney Gold medalist) will become 1st team's assistant coach.

WS/MD:

the 1st team assistant coaches swap role with 2nd team head coaches.

WD:

2nd team coach (Qin Yiyang) will be in charge of 3rd team.

aside from the coaching re-assignments, Li Yongbo also touched on dating withing the team. he said 2nd/3rd team players and players under 20 yrs old are not allowed to date. he said the team has always given players the freedom by lately the dating age within the team is getting younger and younger and have started to have negative effects.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    here are some pics from the conference:

Attached Files:

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree with Li's move.

I believe it was last year, I read an article about a young promising male player fell from the building and broke his arm, as he was dating with his gf, and tried to run away from the room inspection. Sometimes, young ppl don't have enough self-control, and get confused what's the top priority in their lives. Therefore, a bit regulation on top of freedom is a good move.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    my view on the re-org is a positive one.

one of the key to China's success is their ability to supply young and upcoming players to fill in the gaps left by retired or injured senior players. the development of the younger generation 2nd and 3rd team players are crucial to China's success. the catalyst to this success though, is the quality of the coaching staff.

like we cannot underestimate the importance of the role played by elementary school teachers, we cannot underestimate the role played by the 2nd/3rd team coaches.

by swapping the 2nd/3rd team coaches with the 1st team assistant coach, it plays dual purpose, it let the 2nd/3rd team coach learn from the skill and experience of the 1st team head coach. and let the 1st team assistant coach experience being a head coach of a team as well as bring what experience he has learned into the 2nd/3rd team.

quite smart a re-organization imho.

16. TaRaKaN

TaRaKaN Regular Member

is it me or do Cai and Bao look like they are having evil thoughts? lol

17. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    haha! yess! i wonder wat they were thinking:D ,,

18. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Bao Chunlai seems very displeased!! :p

19. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Ji Xinpeng is looking a bit chubby :eek:

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    a bit is an understatement! considering his ultra fit form that allowed him to take home the Olympics Gold 4 yrs ago, he has gain a lot of weight, esp so since he is only 27yrs old right now.