wasup with korea?

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by aiyuuw, Dec 22, 2004.

1. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    after olympic they seem invicible (not unbeatable but nowhere to be seen), i mean no titles, no junior emerging, i know some of the older players are retiring, but wat about the others, like olympic silver medalist perhaps?

2. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Ehhh...well I was never really impressed by Shon Sun Mo, but I guess he is one of the top players :rolleyes:

3. haryanto

haryanto Regular Member

korean team in indo open: 2 WS, 1 MS, 2 XD, 1 WD, 1 MD
    and not even one manage to enter semi-finals. If i'm not wrong, only one mixed doubles pair (hyo jung & jae jin) manage to enter quarter-finals.

4. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Didn't they send a second team? I looked at the ages of some of the players they sent, and I was surprised to see quite a few 16 and 17 year olds. Maybe they are trying to give them some overseas experience.

5. the_way

the_way Regular Member

they need to begin to search for talents and embark on army training for MD and also WS...the current players they have do not show any potential to be a champion.....

Just wait for the results because korea have never failed to produce champions...they manage to recover from the great slump of their MS (97- 00, after park sung woo and ahn jea chang retired)by producing players like lee hyun ill, shon sheung mo and park tae sang.

6. the_way

the_way Regular Member

Korea still have a woman player who can pose a threat to chinese player....Jun jae Yun...But her performance was a big let down in olympic and a few tournaments after that....

she is a young player...she has good stamina and very good court coverage...when she plays with the chinese ladies, she will give a tough fight and often push them to rubber game....however...she cant beat the chinese because she is not skillful enough....if she possess the crafty play n tricky shots like Mia, no doubt, she can break the china wall in WS

Just hope that she is working hard to improve her shot placing and come out with some new tricks to give the chinese ladies a shock in 2005.

7. WoAiZhongGuo

WoAiZhongGuo Regular Member

Once a Chinese, always a Chinese..... live in Engl
    Strange pictures... how has *** got anything to do with badminton?