Strange pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by alhabib, Dec 23, 2004.

1. alhabib

alhabib Regular Member

Shortly after I started playing today, I developed a pain at the bottom of my shin. This isn't a shin splint, as, from what I understand, those occur on the inside of the shin. This is the muscle right on the front of the shin, immediately above my ankle. To go you an idea, it hurts almost on the top surface of the ankle joint when I straighten and contract my right foot (only my right). Any ideas? I've never had anything like this before, and it's not really debilitating - I can still play - it's just very annoying because it's a bit stiff and is giving me a slightly limp.

2. Jumpalot

Jumpalot Regular Member

Seems like you hyper-extended that muscle. Did you land on that foot real hard? Just guessing cause that happened to me before after a hard landing from a "high" jump smash.. :)

3. Bcalchess

Bcalchess Regular Member

Muscle or Ligament

Could be a stretch or tear in the muscle if it feels superficial or stretched or torn ligament if it feels deeper. (RICE) Rest Ice Compression Elevation and if not getting better go to the doc for a scan. Hope you are better soon

4. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Saw this thread and was interested but is OLD. Anyway we hope he got better in the meantime.