closest place to play palo alto

Discussion in 'USA West' started by oab729, Dec 26, 2004.

1. oab729

oab729 Regular Member

anyone know the closest place to palo alto to play besides bintang?

2. B3nny H4nn4

B3nny H4nn4 Regular Member

there is actually a club in palo alto...its called pbc badminton club? search on google for it and u should find it

good luck

3. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Gunn HS?

I heard that Gunn High School may be opening again soon (it's not been open since summer '04) , possibly on Sunday afternoons. If I hear anything new, I'll try to remember to post it here.

4. Chrispywu

Chrispywu Regular Member

heh.. i go to gunn highschool.. we arent doing any open gyms or whatever cuz they raised the costs on the gym rentals...
    emm.. yah

5. Giselle Lam

Giselle Lam Regular Member

Place to play near Palo Alto

I believe there is a place opening up soon. It is going to be pretty professional. Not like those places you cannot see the birdie cos of such bad lighting. The place should be opening in Menlo park by Mike Yang and his team. I am keeping tabs on it and they have started construction and will be opening in March or something. Keep a close look out for the start up!

6. SystemicAnomaly

pre-Occupied
    I had heard that but I had also heard that Russ Okuno was looking into getting it open again (thru Parks & Rec?) . Not heard anything recently tho'.

7. Chrispywu

Chrispywu Regular Member

i havent seen russ around in a while.. but i think there is sumthing going on in menlo park.. a school gym or a community gym..

8. SystemicAnomaly

pre-Occupied
    Burgess Gym & Gunn HS

Finally got in touch with Russ. (He's been playing a lot at BinTang I think). Says he might not be able to get anything going at Gunn HS til late spring or early summer. However, he said that the Gunn HS coach for the badminton team (Marc?) might get something going soon since pre-season is just around the corner.

Let us know if you hear anything from Marc (Mark?) in the next week or 2.

Menlo Park has badminton at Burgess Gym on Sunday nites (6:30p-9:30p). Clich here for more info on badminton at Burgess Gym.

Note that this link above also has info for Gunn HS that is obviously dated.

#8 SystemicAnomaly, Jan 17, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  9. Giselle Lam

Giselle Lam Regular Member

Badminton in Menlo Park

It is neither. It is soley a badminton center. They will have state of the art Olympic flooring which is better for play and for the knees. Everything will be professionally catered for Badminton. I believe it will be for die-hard players who really want the best of badminton facilities. I know they are setting up a website but I'm still hearing things thru the grapevine from friends who know the founders as I said last time. Will keep up with the latest and post it here for those who wanna know!

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i see Marc in Bintang once in a while. he also comes to BC every now and then. i will try to ask him if i see him.

11. Chrispywu

Chrispywu Regular Member

hey i talk to marc(coach) often.. there is preseason.. but thats just conditioning.. we are conditioning outside of our gym.. maybe on the tennis courts... there is highschool basketball going on right now.. to like the end of january depending on the league championships.. so i dont think the gym will be open to us.. its marC
    btw.. when the acutal badminton season starts.. i dont think there will be time for open gym.. because we have practices everyday (weekends? dunno) ..