User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm quite pleased with gosen pro-66 strings. They cost 50% cheaper than yy bg68ti and can last just as long. These are pretty thin strings at 0.66mm. Not too durable for uber-powered hitters, but are mighty-fine for an average hitter like me.

Too bad they're getting harder and harder to find here in manila. I agree with you guys re: yonex's marketing savvy. Even if i'm dedicated to finding yy alternatives, at the end of the day, people still tend to benchmark everything with yy products. Perhaps this is why gosen's floor space is shrinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    You should try it at 27/29.5lbs or more. You will find out what you have been missing.
    I haven't used such high tensions for quite a while now,
    so i tried some TecGut Tour at 26/25 on my 2U Ti-10

horrible, just feels dead.

Taneepak,
    have you tried the Gosen at about 26?
    Does it get better at 30?

It's more likely to be my poor technique, I expect.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls

Taneepak,
    have you tried the Gosen at about 26?
    Does it get better at 30?

Frankly, I am surprised. I have been stringing Gosen Tecgut Tour at 24/26lbs (lowest) to 28.5/31.5lbs on MP99, AT700, AT800DE, La Fleche Ti500 2U, 3U4U, fake Yonex racquets, Winnex Hi Qua Victor, Nano rcaquets, etc. etc. and there have been few complaints. Complaints of 'its like playing with an "iron" racquet' do come from players who have hit the upper limits of tension, after having successfully adjusted to higher tensions incrementally by a lb at a time.
    Stringing the Gosen Tecgut Tour cross strings is much harder than stringing the Yonex new Bg66 at very high tension because of resistance. Using the string mover to pull the Tecgut Tour cross strings generates too much heat at high tension, so I had to pull it by hand one string at a time to avoid degrading the string.
    For me, 30lbs is much better than 26lbs. At 30lbs everyone will be looking at you, wondering where those mighty sounds come! There is another thing about high tension which may be surprising. I do find I can get more power from 30lbs than from 26lbs. The shuttle seems to land on the other side earlier and its flight path is much more precise, crisp and accurate. The shuttle seems to leave the racquet earlier. You think it is all in my mind?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stringing the Gosen Tecgut Tour cross strings is much harder than stringing the Yonex new Bg66 at very high tension because of resistance. Using the string mover to pull the Tecgut Tour cross strings generates too much heat at high tension, so I had to pull it by hand one string at a time to avoid degrading the string.
    For me, 30lbs is much better than 26lbs....There is another thing about high tension which may be surprising. I do find I can get more power from 30lbs than from 26lbs....You think it is all in my mind?
    I didn't notice any problem stringing with it. But I haven't strung as much as you. And I string quite slow, and straighten each cross with my fingers as I go along.

It's over a year since I used high tension (BG70 @30, BG68Ti @28), so I might just need some time to adjust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosen strings rule, I am one of the minorty that think so. When I first started playing badminton, Hy-Sheep was the best string to me, I have hated BG65 since the day it came out.

I enjoy using Tec Gut Tour and the Alan & Susi Special, though I am running low, about 2 packs of each left. I just love the feel and repulsion power from gosen strings.

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with yonex strings, I do like BG68TI, but that is it.

Best string ever though, is BG95!!!!!!!!!!!

AF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls

I left it in my bag for a few days.
    Came to play a game of singles against someone not as good as me, so I decided to handicap myself by using the Ti-10.

Turned out to be not as horrible as it was on first usage.
    More investigation needed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to get a few Gosen Tecgut Tour strings recently, but they all came in an all black colour. I have been comparing the Tecgut Tour with the new Yonex bg66. They are both comparable. At very high tensions of over 26lbs I prefer the Gosen Tecgut Tour. At 30lbs tension the power of the Tecgut Tour is incredible, if you have the power and handspeed to use it. At lower tensions the Tecgut Tour is good but not exceptional.
    Hi taneepak,

As Gosen Tecgut Tour is not readily available in Singapore, I was very happy to find 2 boxes of this string in a "warehouse" collecting dust.

Not sure how old is this string but the stringer mentioned that the string was quite dry and needed to wax it. I wonder if the dryness was due to the age of the string.

I tried 26lbs on an AT800DE JP 3UG4 with both BG66 and Gosen Tecgut Tour. Initially I found the string stiffer than BG66 (feels like BG85) when newly strung but the feel gets better as i play. However, a friend of mine complained that the string was too 'soft' on his MP99. Not sure if he was picky but has this something to do with the elasticity which you have mentioned before.

PS. Does Gosen still exist in Malaysia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to your question about Gosen in general,
    I saw Wong Choong Hann and Boonsak Ponsana using Gosen and I was attracted the logo. Anyway, I ended up buying a Aermet Gavun roots thing 5300 and it is really, really nice! It is an oval shape but it doesn't seem to matter. You gain a fast swing speed and really nice balance through out the racquet that I have not noticed in any others. So, as far as I know, their technology and racquet designs are completely uptodate and really nice. As far as popularity, well, where I am, they aren't very well known. I do like the logo though.

PS sorry, I know this topic is quite old, I was just doing a google search on gosen and this came up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2