Injure!! tendon rupture

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by happyding, Aug 4, 2001.

1. happyding

happyding Guest

It has been delayed for almost 3 weeks. I will have an operation soon. Can I play Badminton again?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Depends what tendon.

3. eric shawn

eric shawn Guest

a couple days ago i hyperextened my knee and injured my tendon playing badminton...now i can't jump or extend my knee all the way! ahhh

4. Calvin

Calvin Guest

My tendon just below my right knee was inflamed 1 1/2 month ago. I got so frustrated going to the physiotherapist, so I started swimming (breast stroke only) and then go to the hot tub for 10 mins. five time a week. It's now all cured! But it has to be consistence!

5. happyding

happyding Guest

achilles tendon. can I get recovered?

6. LL

LL Guest

Did you fully rupture it where you need surgery and need a cast? If so, then you will be out for a long time. I knew a guy who ruptured his, and he decided to come back early and not wear a proper achilles support and he ruptured it again. Basically he was out for 1.5 years. You should recover in a year max, if you follow the doctor's order. Even professional athletes who have ruptured achilles tendons, can't come back that quick. Dan Marino took a year, Donavon Baily as well.

LL

7. happyding

happyding Guest

Thank u for your advice. I do have an operation and a cast. I will be very cautious.