User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 95

Thread: YONEX Frenzy

  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    597
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Wahh ....

    That's like almost 100 km length and breadth wise ... !! Its only 44 and 27 here in Singapore!

    Yes, food , its a pity, guess its got a lot to do with the early migrant culture that food there in many parts of North America are pretty 'straightforward' in the cooking and taste ... They all taste somewhat similar ... ( This is only my take on this, hope nobody is offended ,... )

    Well, glad I live in what many consider a 'food paradise' where there's more kinds of food to try than you can can possibly ever remember ... The only problem is that the place is really very small. And a little expensive for certain aspects of life .. Like cars and housing.

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    know how you feel...

    shoes, (some) socks, shorts, 2 shirts, racket-bag(to small, won on tournament), racket (3) and my precious (new) red trainings-suit(with matchign shirt/shorts)

    and now shopping for some sweatbands(wrist) and of course, more shirts and shorts..

    not so keen on towels...have got enough of those already

  3. #37
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,202
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have had Yonex:

    Many rackets

    Two pairs of shoes

    Four bags

    Many strings

    Wrist sweat bands

    SuperGrap Grips (terrible compared to its peers, not durable at all, I now go with Gamma Supreme Overgrip or Wilson X-Tack)

    I haven't gotten into Yonex clothing because everything is too small. I need XXL (US) or XXXL if I buy from Asian. And I haven't seen either size.

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow .. your collection really matches your nick .. but no offence here ... cos i would have done that if my skills can improve more or i wouldnt convince myself to buy anything new ... hehe



    Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    I have had Yonex:

    Many rackets

    Two pairs of shoes

    Four bags

    Many strings

    Wrist sweat bands

    SuperGrap Grips (terrible compared to its peers, not durable at all, I now go with Gamma Supreme Overgrip or Wilson X-Tack)

    I haven't gotten into Yonex clothing because everything is too small. I need XXL (US) or XXXL if I buy from Asian. And I haven't seen either size.

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Indonesia, Beijing
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I own :

    15 yonex shirts
    4 yonex shorts
    6 yonex rackets
    many yonex overgrips
    2 yonex bags
    2 yonex shoes

    I love Yonex!

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ouch ... that must have hurt your wallet badly ...

    i only have:

    1 YY Bag
    1 YY pair of shoes
    1 YY Shorts
    2 YY Rackets



    and my wife is already screaming ...


    Quote Originally Posted by Arief
    I own :

    15 yonex shirts
    4 yonex shorts
    6 yonex rackets
    many yonex overgrips
    2 yonex bags
    2 yonex shoes

    I love Yonex!

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Indonesia, Beijing
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junionwoon
    Ouch ... that must have hurt your wallet badly ...

    i only have:

    1 YY Bag
    1 YY pair of shoes
    1 YY Shorts
    2 YY Rackets



    and my wife is already screaming ...
    *lol* for me, i don't let my parents know, by saving money to buy some of them. anyway, i think i'm going to find a wife who also love badminton and Yonex!

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hehe ... dont forget the possibility of having more arguments when u guys start pairing up for mixed doubles ...

    by the way, are you s'porean?


    Quote Originally Posted by Arief
    *lol* for me, i don't let my parents know, by saving money to buy some of them. anyway, i think i'm going to find a wife who also love badminton and Yonex!

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Indonesia, Beijing
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junionwoon
    hehe ... dont forget the possibility of having more arguments when u guys start pairing up for mixed doubles ...

    by the way, are you s'porean?
    wah... good point bro. but at least she won't make noise over my Yonex collections nope, Indonesian. anyway, it's very hard to find Yonex stuff in indonesia (except for rackets of course)

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    rackets: hmm.. strange.. I never really liked any yonex racket that I've tried.. they never felt "natural" to hit.. have tried the mp77, mp99, nano 7000 and 8000, and two more that I can't recall.

    strings: my favorites are the bg66 and ashaway durakill, very similar in feel to each other. I only started the bg66 because I was able to get a dealer's price. Otherwise the ashaway is just as good..


    Shoes: Mizuno is better than Yonex, sorry guys just stating the truth. Quality and performance they are about equal.. but value and durability goes to Mizuno.. so my statement.. as 2nd choice I would take Asics.. then Yonex.

    Shuttlecock: Yonex is about 6th or 7th on my list.. there are just too many out there that are a lot better..


    Clothes: HUH??? does it make a difference.. ?

    before the angry mob takes me down.. the above is all in my opinion.. heh heh

    and we do have a yonex racket.. a carbonex 20, given to my wife by me when we were just dating...
    Last edited by Pball; 09-28-2005 at 01:48 AM.

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no worries man ... all this frenzy stuff are to personal preferences ...

    i too prefer Mizuno shoes but wearing Yonex becos its cheaper in S'pore ... hehe ... and of cos in my opinion Yonex does look better ....

  12. #46
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,202
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pball
    Shoes: Mizuno is better than Yonex, sorry guys just stating the truth. Quality and performance they are about equal.. but value and durability goes to Mizuno.. so my statement.. as 2nd choice I would take Asics.. then Yonex.

    Which model number Mizuno shoes? I have tried two pairs of Mizuno Volleyball shoes here in the U.S. and two pairs of Asics Tigers (Vollleyball as well) and the Yonex SHB-99 beats both these shoes hands down for grip, feel, transitioning and fitment. The Mizuno and Asics were only better in cushioning (which makes sense because they are Volleyball shoes).

    Thanks.

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey man, thats y i initially wanted Mizuno ... cos the better cushioning plays an important part as S'pore community centres' courts are mostly concrete + tiles ...



    Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    Which model number Mizuno shoes? I have tried two pairs of Mizuno Volleyball shoes here in the U.S. and two pairs of Asics Tigers (Vollleyball as well) and the Yonex SHB-99 beats both these shoes hands down for grip, feel, transitioning and fitment. The Mizuno and Asics were only better in cushioning (which makes sense because they are Volleyball shoes).

    Thanks.

  14. #48
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,202
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junionwoon
    hey man, thats y i initially wanted Mizuno ... cos the better cushioning plays an important part as S'pore community centres' courts are mostly concrete + tiles ...
    OK, but you will be significantly slower when compared to the Yonex 99s. At first, cushioning was the most important aspect for me but then when I compared the 99s to the Mizuno and Asics I had, it was no comparison, I was much faster with the 99s. So, I just added a "Super Feet" insole and wear the 99s now and my legs are holding up OK.

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i cant really wear insoles ... cos I am flat footed.... insoles will create more problems for me ... btw, where can you find the "number" for the shoes? i cant seem to find my pairs' model number anywhere ... except for the World Champions 2 thingy ....



    Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    OK, but you will be significantly slower when compared to the Yonex 99s. At first, cushioning was the most important aspect for me but then when I compared the 99s to the Mizuno and Asics I had, it was no comparison, I was much faster with the 99s. So, I just added a "Super Feet" insole and wear the 99s now and my legs are holding up OK.

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    Which model number Mizuno shoes? I have tried two pairs of Mizuno Volleyball shoes here in the U.S. and two pairs of Asics Tigers (Vollleyball as well) and the Yonex SHB-99 beats both these shoes hands down for grip, feel, transitioning and fitment. The Mizuno and Asics were only better in cushioning (which makes sense because they are Volleyball shoes).

    Thanks.
    No particular models... just market observations from varsity players, club players and own usage.. usually the yonex shoes would start exhibiting signs of wear in tear in about 5-6 months.. approx population surveyed was about 40 + people..

  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yonex:

    2 rackets (I know not much, working on it )
    2 pair shoes
    1 racketbag
    1 backpack
    1 officebag
    4 shorts
    10 polo's
    1 tracksuit
    1 sweater
    8 pair of socks
    and a bunch of grips and strings

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Return of Yonex Frenzy
    By Matt in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 174
    : 04-24-2012, 10:26 PM
  2. Yonex frenzy...!!!
    By Matt in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 40
    : 01-13-2010, 12:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •