Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by AzNl3oi89, Dec 31, 2004.

1. AzNl3oi89

AzNl3oi89 Regular Member

Student
    #1 AzNl3oi89, Dec 31, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  2. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    my, its an old pic of him, its like in 1999 or wat, actually, i dont have any clue wat u mean:D sorry
    i think he is a player with great talent, maybe one of the most talented players today, but seems inconsistent, he can just win big tourneys when he has great will to do that ?(like olympic, becos he wanted to prove that he still can win big thingy after all of his career downfall, and becos he made a promise that he wont marry his gf before he gets the gold:rolleyes: ) or just flop and win nothing for a year, and losing early rounds easily when he doesnt have the will or motivated enough to win (copenhagen master). but he has to work on his temper, i dun like it sometimes when he does that, its so unpleasant to see, even tho i like it sometimes, becos not every players do that:D , but i think he's starting to take control of his temper now
    after all, along with lindan hes one of my favorite players ;)

3. Californian

Californian Regular Member

The only time I've seen him play is at the last Olympics. The way he played then, it's hard to imagine how he could ever lose. His facial expression never changed—he looked so relaxed, as if the whole thing was no big deal to him.

As for the website, I don't get this: they post his name as Taufik Hidayat, and his nickname as Taufik. :confused: Well, when they update the site, they'll have to call him the "erratically brilliant wild child of Indonesian badminton." (How many times did the NBC analyst say that?)

4. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

heheh! i caught that too. .. very puzzling! :D

they called him that repeatedly? hmm. i wonder they ddidn't tangle their tongues.. 'erratically brililiant wild child of indonesian badminton' instead of just taufik h. :rolleyes:

5. Yip168

Yip168 Regular Member

Student
    shon seemed like more of the "wild child" type.

6. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    really? i dont think he looked that 'wild', taufik is wilder for me, but at some point when he play he did look wild;)

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. give him a bad umpire call, he will go very wild indeed. ;)

8. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    um, i meant that SHON looked wild at some points when he played in oly, not taufik

9. Californian

Californian Regular Member

The NBC analyst kept referring to Taufik as the "wild child," talked about how he was a favorite of the tabloids, how he chased a spectator with his racquet, how Taufik and his father got into a brawl with spectators, and how he was a "man on a mission" because he failed as top seed last time. It seemed like there was nothing else supplied in Taufik's bio sheet. (It got tiresome.)

I think the "wild child" reference included his behavior off the court as well.

10. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    yes, if u live in indo u'll see that taufik is a celebrity here, and i dont think that applies to other shuttlers even tho they may have better achievements than taufik (ie. candra wijaya), he often make headlines, and even in infotainment show they sometimes show taufik about him being rumored with some certain actresses or singers, i remember it was 2001 or 2002, or even 2003, a newcomer star claimed that taufik cheated on his celebrity girlfriend with her, and that was big thing, almost every entertainment magazines talked bout it, and of course he denied it ("wild" way:rolleyes: ), but only god knows:D , and about him hitting some guys on the street, hitting spectators, but wat surprises me is that when he is being interviewed he speaks politely, and a little,,,,softly? i dont know,,, so yeah, he is wild, but lets talk about him as a player, which is a very talented player:D

11. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

[QUOTEwhat do you guys think of this picture o_O??? and of taufik himself....tell me your real thoughts....are any of you thinking what im thinking? and if not...do you have any clue what i mean? lol....hes a great player though[/QUOTE]
    u think he looks like a faggot in that pic???
    well just like Aiyuuw said..there are always rumour about taufik here in tabloid...mostly its about girls..he dates celeb only... :d :d
    except for Wynne Prakusya...she is a former top 80 WTA player of indonesia..but this girl is celebrity too i think..since she is on tv add now...

12. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    why do u think he can win a very big thing, like olympic, and flop in copenhagen master, i mean he defeated both pg and wch, but in cm those two players had their revenge on him, i guess his motivation is very dependable, thank god for his boatload of talent tho

13. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Yes, I think it is a question of motivation.
    Taufik seems to depend more than any other player on motivation to perform.
    His motivation was very high for the Olympics and the Indonesian Open, but I don't think he bothered so much about the Copenhaguen Masters... :rolleyes:

14. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

u think he looks like a faggot in that pic???
    well just like Aiyuuw said..there are always rumour about taufik here in tabloid...mostly its about girls..he dates celeb only... :d :d
    except for Wynne Prakusya...she is a former top 80 WTA player of indonesia..but this girl is celebrity too i think..since she is on tv add now...[/QUOTE]

what would Taufik feel if he saw this comment..... :D

But agree, he looks so much like a 'girly-boy' in that picture.....

he only targeted stars as his girlfriend? I don't remember, whoelse his girlfriend besides Deswita?

15. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    yeah, just look at all the titles he won in 2004:
    abc - wanted to qualify for athens
    olympic - he wanted badly to prove that he still had what it takes to be a world top player, answer everyone's question about whether he still can win big thing or not, and he said to the press that he would only marry wita after he got his gold (wow,wat a promise:eek: , i wonder if he didnt, will they ever get married?)
    indonesia open - he wanted to break ardy wiranata's record of winning 6 indo titles (taufik's so far is ONLY 5)

well, he dated wynne before, and then nola, she's a member of a girlband called ab three,,

16. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

this is wynne and Nola...both are so pretty
    [​IMG][​IMG]

17. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    and deswita! i like her anyway

Attached Files:

18. wedgewenis

wedgewenis Regular Member

hehe funny post AzNl3oi89 ;)

19. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    in newspaper today, theres a picture of him and the rest of his team, winning the national championship in yogyakarta, well, at least they won, so its not bad afterall even if he skipped ko, but still the decision is stupid
    oh, flandy limpele and trikus haryanto (hes still playing?) also took part, too bad i cant find any pics

#19 aiyuuw, Jan 29, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  20. *~Taufik~*

*~Taufik~* Regular Member

Can u post the pic here? thanks