Candra/Sigit and Tony/Halim

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Byro-Nenium, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    China has the reputation for having a very strong womens team.

I find that Indonesia has the reputation of having the best MD teams. Eg Candra/Sigit and Tony/Halim

When Candra/Tony were still playing together they were my favourite pair, but after they split i started liking the Tony/Halim combination over the Candra/Sigit combination.

I find that the Tony/Halim combination to be less consistent and slightly weaker. I find that the Candra/Sigit combination are more consistent and tend to be more "in-control" of their matches.

Anyone here have any comments on this?

2. ray

ray Guest

Candra/Sigit played together in 1997 after Sigit got suspended, Candra play with Tony.

This year Christian Hadinata decided to put Candra and Sigit together again.

About Indonesia has the reputation of having the best MD teams, yeah thats true, since Tan King Gwan/Njoo Kiem Bee,Tjun Tjun/Johan Wahjudi, Christian Hadinata/Ade Chandra, Liem Swie King/Kartono, Gunawan/Eddy Hartono thru Ricky/Rexy, Candra/Sigit and Tony/Halim.

It's a little bit odd that Indonesian coaches are very good to make MD teams, but not very succesful with LD.

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    yeah thats true.......