how to wrap a badminton grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by dorium, Jan 2, 2005.

1. dorium

dorium New Member

Hi Everyone:

I've read the article on the site and it was helpful but I still have a question. The original factory grip on my racquet was removed, so the existing grip i want to replace is directly on the handle itself. Should I just tape my new grip over the existing grip or should I remove the existing one and wrap the new grip driectly on the handle? Pls reply. Thank you!

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    This depends on what kinds of grips you got. If you have the replacement grip, then you need to take out the original grip. If you have the over-grip, then you don't need to take out the original grip.

3. dragon62

dragon62 Regular Member

...there are instructions in every pack of grips anywhere, i recommend Supergrap and depending if you like the grip thick or thin wrap the grip accordingly, its pretty easy to do...damn need some pics of my sexy sexy grip

4. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    As Bluejeff above but not only on the type of grip but on how thick you like your grip, if you take one off and replace it with another it will not be as thick as one you put over the original.

Depends entirely on how thick you like your grip

5. dorium

dorium New Member

ohhh...i see i see.... thank you all!! your replies have been very helpful... LOL dragon62

6. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    While we are on the subject:

Which part of the grip should be attached to the base of the grip, the tapered portion or the untapered portion?

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The tapered part of the grip tape goes onto the butt first. You then wrap it towards the cone end, ending with another tapered strip which you have to make yourself with a pair of scissors. The cut part of the tapered end meets the cone boundary for a seemless finish, not the other way around.