User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete,
    Before ViningWolff whether to return for this baddie rumble, first must have the star of the show decide when to start beating everybody up. Just be patient and wait for his final decision on dates. I will be there to watch this entertaining and exciting match(es).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehehe, people are overestimating me, i m not that good, i m just trying to become the best i can in badminton, i m probably not very good compared to most of you.

Discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ever played in Coquitlam? I think you could get some good games here too.

People who are the best dont usually start by saying that they want to be the best.

Rather, they try to do their best, with training, and playing...and not words, and because they are so passionate about what they do, eventually they will be at the top. It's natural process.

Never been there myself, but that's what I've heard from some of my friends who are tops in their sports.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghijklmno
    Hehehe, people are overestimating me
    no, I think most BF'ers were right on with their assessment... you might have been underestimating the rest of the BF'ers tho'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William86_98
    ever played in Coquitlam? I think you could get some good games here too.

People who are the best dont usually start by saying that they want to be the best.

Rather, they try to do their best, with training, and playing...and not words, and because they are so passionate about what they do, eventually they will be at the top. It's natural process.

Never been there myself, but that's what I've heard from some of my friends who are tops in their sports.
    Well said William
    Cut the crap and just play badminton for fun/enjoyment, health (ignoring injuries ) and the love of the sport.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BTC2004
    Well said William
    Cut the crap and just play badminton for fun/enjoyment, health (ignoring injuries ) and the love of the sport.
    The health thing appears to be a double edge sword for badminton. People of phenomenal fitness with really bad knees and shoudlers...

I dont' aspire to be the best, I plan to play longer than anyone else and win some masters titles by default!!!!
    Last edited by ViningWolff; 01-06-2005 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread has some classic parallels to a badminton game.

young whippersnapper goes to new center, gets on the court, thumbs nose at rest of group, bashes the crap out of every shuttle each time, but is left wondering why he lost 15-0 to someone who doesn't hit anything harder than a half smash...

oh yeh! did anyone ever mention that badminton requires some brains?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    This thread has some classic parallels to a badminton game.

young whippersnapper goes to new center, gets on the court, thumbs nose at rest of group, bashes the crap out of every shuttle each time, but is left wondering why he lost 15-0 to someone who doesn't hit anything harder than a half smash...

oh yeh! did anyone ever mention that badminton requires some brains?
    That is speaking from experince right Badrad You must have straighten a few whippersnapper in your time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BTC2004
    That is speaking from experince right Badrad You must have straighten a few whippersnapper in your time
    hey, for all of us in the masters categories, we all learned from that school. luckily we can use Vinningwolf's example and we can outlive those old guys who made our learning experience - well - challenging? embarassing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My name is Jason Chan from Richmond, B.C
    remember my name, i will become the best!

Discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discuss.
    there'll be plenty of time for that.. the remembering bit. let's see you make marks in the meantime.

Period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discuss.
    ROTFLMAO

The best in what? According to your profile you are 21 yrs so if you plan to be the best in the world, I think that's a little bit too late but who knows and the only way to go is to start by playing the tournaments so that you get an idea of who the elite players are and work your way up by setting achieveable goals (e.g. win the local tourneys, provincials, nationals, internationals, etc).

From the sound of your posts, you are primarily a singles player, right? Then you need to focus on the singles tournaments. Locally you are looking at players that ViningWolff mentioned previous like Vincent T, Chris T, Les L, etc. Check out www.badmintonbc.com for a complete list of current ranked Open players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx Badrad for your recommendation of challenge, i will try to goto Britannia on friday or sat if i m not busy and beat him up.

Discuss.
    world_of_dreams who runs the badminton program at Brit is expecting you to show up. so, please don't disappoint him with a no-show...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where were you?

Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    world_of_dreams who runs the badminton program at Brit is expecting you to show up. so, please don't disappoint him with a no-show...
    Yeah, I didn't see anyone that appeared by the name of Jason other than the regular guy who always shows up who has that same name. So abcdefghijklmno...badrad, Mike, and myself are looking forward for your guest appearance this Saturday since you couldn't make it on Friday. Hope to see you there and 'beat' Mike with your amazing skills, fitness, and finesse on the court to claim the title of "Zenza Huma." As a bonus to you, I'll try to gather some of Britannia's best players for you to the best of my ability to have some matches against you.

See you this SATURDAY, January 8th, 2005!!! At Britannia Community Services Centre from 13:15 - 17:00 (1:15PM - 5:00PM). If you don't know the address, it's 1661 Napier Street. Just go to the swimming pool cashier to pay the $4.50 drop-in fee and come into Gym C for some fun!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hummm, we also have to factor in the snow as well. It's quite treacheous to drive under the current condition. I also suspect this Jason Chan guy is some kind of joke. Someone made it up just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by world-of-dreams
    Yeah, I didn't see anyone that appeared by the name of Jason other than the regular guy who always shows up who has that same name. So abcdefghijklmno...badrad, Mike, and myself are looking forward for your guest appearance this Saturday since you couldn't make it on Friday. Hope to see you there and 'beat' Mike with your amazing skills, fitness, and finesse on the court to claim the title of "Zenza Huma." As a bonus to you, I'll try to gather some of Britannia's best players for you to the best of my ability to have some matches against you.

See you this SATURDAY, January 8th, 2005!!! At Britannia Community Services Centre from 13:15 - 17:00 (1:15PM - 5:00PM). If you don't know the address, it's 1661 Napier Street. Just go to the swimming pool cashier to pay the $4.50 drop-in fee and come into Gym C for some fun!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<---- Elite...forum poster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Hummm, we also have to factor in the snow as well. It's quite treacheous to drive under the current condition. I also suspect this Jason Chan guy is some kind of joke. Someone made it up just for the fun of it.
    wow! if that is the case, that dude has clearly won the title "ZENZA YUMA!" 'cuz he got all of us! even thouhg i highly doubt the title has been deciphered yet...
    i think ZENZA YUMA is a town opposite side to HUME ALICE.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast