sorta an odd injury.....

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Konnichiwa, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    Hi, back in october when i played a tournament i found that my lower back/ hip was really hurting. when i went to train that week i couldnt take the pain and had to stop for a week. i went to the chiropractor and he told me i had pinch nerves in my hip. i rest it alot but it just keeps coming back. and i dont know what to do?!?!?!? everytime i turn i have that sharp pain. how can i treat pinch nerves and is it very serious??? does it require surgery?? thank you

2. Furqan

Furqan Regular Member

student
    I think that when you jump smash, and Land, then you get shocks to that part, try adjusting it that way.

I maybe, am wrong, but that is just what happened to me.

3. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    I had the same problem - turn out to be syatica ( or soemthing liek that) - i.e. a pinch of the syiatic nerve. My chiropractor adjusted me, then put a heel lift in my one shoe. Told me that for a couple weeks all I was to do was walk a couple Kms a day with this lift under my one heel - and to wear it everyday and not play badminton for about two weeks and minimal weights that brought pain to my back. I was playing badminton within three weeks. About six months later the misalignment ( most likely due to my knee surgeries) was corrected. I wear the heellift only every so often now.

I'm aware of several national level players that have specially made insoles to combat that same problem.

4. Konnichiwa

Studente
    ViningWolff, thank you for ur reply. im still quite young only 15 and my chiro told me to take two weeks off and since im young it should heal fast. it did not and i still feel the pain months later. maybe it is my shoes that are the problem perhaps i need a new pair? but do you know if it requires surgery pinch nerves?

5. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    I believe surgery is a last resort. Most guys I know get special insoles/custom arch supports for their shoes and make sure the replace their shoes regularly. My one friend had insoles made for him while he was till playing U19 to help correct the problem.

Ask your chiropractor to refer you to someone who does arch support/insoles.

6. Konnichiwa

Studente
    hey thank you ViningWolff for your input. i finally figured out what it was. i rotated my socaliar bone or something. its where the hip and joint joing together. the chiropractor said just to keep visiting and getting stim ( ithink thats what it is called) therapy.