Discontinue mp 99?!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sixty40, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Sixty40

Sixty40 Regular Member

is yonex gonna discontinue it?! wondering since its a quite old model compared to the ATs and Nanospeed soon to come out.

Anybody hear any info concerning the production of the MP 99 in the US?!

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Never heard about it. Seems my local dealer still can get tons of MP99 w/o any problem. Maybe it's because of the relatively high demand on this racket, so Yonex still have confidence to make good profit on MP99? :rolleyes:

3. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Actually, I think the MP-99 is slowly withdrawn from production as with most other Muscle Power racquets. I only see a few MP-99s and some lower-end MP racquets while the majority are the Armortec racquets. If you want an MP-99, you should get one now before the year end. I am pretty sure the MP-99 will be discontinued by the end of this year.

4. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    nah... i think before they discontinue mp99, they cut mp100 first... and so far, there is no news that mp100 will be cut.

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    well, MP99 is going to be out sooner or later. Every racket goes out after years anyway. So, if you have free money, why not just buy a couple extras while you can?

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Really? I heard in US, it's kinda hard to get a MP100 already... :rolleyes:

7. Sixty40

Sixty40 Regular Member

the mp 100 has already been cut from the US market. Its been about a year now.

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    MP100 is slowly going out in many countries, but I am sure we will still be able to buy it from somewhere within the next 2 years.

9. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

Mp 100 is already not selling in America and Europe(i think)
    Currently to get it is to buy it in japen or Asia..
    As far as mp99 is concern,i dun think it will be discontinued yet cause there still alot ppl using it..

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    There is not much stocks of Mp100 in Msia already as well. I do still see some stocks of Mp99.. but they are slowing down. however you can still get alot of Mps in Japan.

11. altreality

altreality Regular Member

I actually won't be surprised if they do phase it out but it will not be a complete obliteration as our experiece with the Cab shows...

The Cab8s were orange, green, red blue, then it became 8DX, then (I stopped playing dor bout 6 years) it became Cab 8 Tour, special, muscle etc...

If the MP 99 is the marketable one - I am sure they will "exploit" its goodwill to the max

12. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Yep, MP100 disappeared from the UK (I assume the rest of Europe too) ages ago, at least a year. At least, the few in the shops are old stock, no new ones have come in.

MP99 is still around and new ones are coming in.

Man, I hope they don't discontinue it, 'cos it's one of the best rackets Yonex have made.

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    You guys don't need to worry :) New stuff will be out and hopefully there are some good ones!

If you are worried about discontinuing your favorite rackets, the only way to do is to buy more now and preserve them for your own good :)

14. napee

napee Regular Member

i think its different with Cabs. those are like, YY's most well known model. its alsmot impossible for them to terminate. but then the new cab8's are not exactly the same as the original ones either. the newer models e.g. iso Ti-SP, i think they have no issue to discontinue at all.

the prb when a racket is discontinued and replaced with newer one is, the new ones will cost a bomb. for e.g. i now use Ti-10, priced about USD$100 which is already on high side for me. but to get the next in the line e.g. AT-500(USD$140), AT-700(USD$170), MP-99(USD$180) would be a bit too much for me. :(

need to save up a bit more and get another Ti-10 when its available now.

15. smashin'

smashin' Regular Member

Christianity & HS student
    Well, I hope they won't discontinue them and that, if they do, that they will still be around in the US market. I LOVE the MP99 and would eventually want a 100, too (and I have neither). Just a little longer!!....

16. Hullabaloo

Hullabaloo Regular Member

It's been a while since the last post in this thread, and I'm wondering if anyone knows any news on it's discontinuation date? I'm going to buy a MP99AS next week and then a MP90JP or two when I go to Japan mid Jan 2006. But I'd like to have two so would hate to go to Japan to find they've been discontinued and then come back to Australia only to find the same thing and end up with only one MP99.

17. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    I doubt 99 is going out any soon...I think 100 will be the first one..I havent seen alot of people using since the head is REALLY stiff...It makes people arms hurt and tiring...I haven't seen 100 avaliable in Toronto every since I started badminton like nearly 3 years ago..

18. Russki Bear

Russki Bear Regular Member

IT
    A place in Queensland just told me they cannot get MP99 or MP100 racquets anymore. They recommended NS8K and AT800 as alternates in Yonex. I reckon I ain't paying $300 for a NS8k unless they start getting there act together with it's durability, and even then....

19. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Sounds like a good time for me to stock on some MP99s :p

20. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Just my 2cents worth. Quite a few people here feel the MP99 won't be discontinued anytime soon. I agree with that, however i disagree that the MP100 will be discontinued first.

The reason being that the MP100 was the product that pioneered the MP series as well as the whole "Muscle Power Frame" technology etc etc. As well as all that, it is also a very good racket. I still a couple myself. Similiarly with the Ti-10, that pioneered the whole titanium trend. The Ti-10 came out first in the Ti series, and its still the longest lasting although i'm not sure if its still in production, but it definately outlasted the Ti-3,5,6,7,8 and all their newly improved versions.

Similiarly with the MP100 and the MP55/77. Hmmm but MP99? Well... I'm seeing fewer. <---- Just an observation, i went shopping around today for rackets. =) But didn't buy anything as usual.. haha