stringing in canada

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Ultra-, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Ultra-

Ultra- Regular Member

I have a racquet, with strings that are of very low tension, and I wish to increase the tension. Generally how much does it cost in canada to tighten the string, replace the string + tighten and how long does this process take (Can I stand there and watch or must I return many hrs later or the next day)?

Thanks

2. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    I don't think there is such a thing as tightening strings, and even if there is, I believe that no stringer would do that for you. The only thing a stringer would do is replace all the strings. I am not sure about every place in Canada, but I know that Lee's Badminton has a professional stringing service. Go to www.leesbadminton.ca. All the strings under the product section includes labor and material costs. For stringing time, you can request it to be stringed faster. Lee's badminton hires a part time stringer, and if you are lucky that the stringer is there when you give the racket in, she will string it for you in a couple of hours or so. I gave my racket at !2:00 pm and got it back by 4:00 pm.

3. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Some places are cheaper than others. At one place in toronto, it cost about 25$ for bg65 strung. It takes about 1 hour and you can walk around and come back. Or stay and watch them...

4. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Hey,
    I just want to update that stringing at Lee's and Yo's if you provide your own strings is $12 each. Yo's tends to overlook the tax, while it depends on if how the receptionist is feelign that day at Lee's.

5. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

The mandarin does it quite quickly but it is $15+ :(