0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re

Hi,

Thks.

ceng

Quote Originally Posted by surge
    shop name is chau beng. he opens at 230 daily. its next to the tennis shop. i string mine 68ti for 18. after the bad experience, price is no longer the main concern unless its like more than 5 dollars. 1-2 dollar is fine for a good job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just an update. collected the racket fromn chau beng today and play some singles right after. the tension i great!!! i have learnt my lesson. once you have found a good stringer, stick with it!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the indian shop you are referring to is newlink sports. Tried there before. Pretty bad experience in the service too. The indian chief keep staring at me

String-ed at Chau Beng too. Good service but you gotta wait for your turn. Its more expensive too.

So far the best is Paragon Sports (opp Newlink). Excellent service and they give free grip. If i'm not wrong, Yonex BG66 and a grip for $16. Pretty affordable considering a griip is $2-3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razerazeraze View Post
    I guess the indian shop you are referring to is newlink sports. Tried there before. Pretty bad experience in the service too. The indian chief keep staring at me String-ed at Chau Beng too. Good service but you gotta wait for your turn. Its more expensive too.So far the best is Paragon Sports (opp Newlink). Excellent service and they give free grip. If i'm not wrong, Yonex BG66 and a grip for $16. Pretty affordable considering a griip is $2-3.
    Are u sure? Coz every tried before chinese guy did restring for me at no problem. The indian chief friendly man. U may look handsome that why the indian chief staring at u. Most of the shop owner in Queenway like to stare at customers. Just keep normal is OK then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by araz916 View Post
    Are u sure? Coz every tried before chinese guy did restring for me at no problem. The indian chief friendly man. U may look handsome that why the indian chief staring at u. Most of the shop owner in Queenway like to stare at customers. Just keep normal is OK then.
    Yea Chau Beng does a good job, but usually there will be 10-20 rackets waiting there already. Cant usually get it on that day itself.

Paragon does well too and will usually be able to do it on the spot ( 20 mins+) since it has a smaller regular customer base due its new presence, if i'm not wrong 3 years compared to 30 years for CB.

The indian cheif gives me the suspicious stare leh =x i'm quite scared. HAHAHAHA!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Newlink guys are friendly...but perhaps maybe over-friendly to some who prefer not so enthusiastic customer-service...hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Chau Beng become too arrogant liao....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremepower View Post
    I also kena this problem. But mind is on the 1st floor. The one that sells tennis and badminton next to each other. Most of them outsource nowdays. I gave up and decided to string myself. If you are at northern area, I can do it for you. Let me know. Chau Beng make too much money already. Always open late.
    rgds.
    of course lah.
    i got my racket from them at SGD240 and realised that the ah neh shop behind selling SGD 210.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razerazeraze View Post
    Yea Chau Beng does a good job, but usually there will be 10-20 rackets waiting there already. Cant usually get it on that day itself.

Paragon does well too and will usually be able to do it on the spot ( 20 mins+) since it has a smaller regular customer base due its new presence, if i'm not wrong 3 years compared to 30 years for CB.

The indian cheif gives me the suspicious stare leh =x i'm quite scared. HAHAHAHA!!!
    Cheng from Paragon Sports (2nd Floor Queensway) has been my favourite stringer for the past 1.5 years, but alas, he left Singapore for good.

An elderly lady is doing the stringing (Cheng's teacher apparently), until they find a replacement.

Didn't work out so well for me... she put 3 or 4 scratches in my racquet, due to rough awl handling whilst trying to snag the string.

Won't be going back there for a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tpcml View Post
    Cheng from Paragon Sports (2nd Floor Queensway) has been my favourite stringer for the past 1.5 years, but alas, he left Singapore for good.

An elderly lady is doing the stringing (Cheng's teacher apparently), until they find a replacement.

Didn't work out so well for me... she put 3 or 4 scratches in my racquet, due to rough awl handling whilst trying to snag the string.

Won't be going back there for a while
    Cheng left last Sunday, but his replacement is an elderly or mid aged lady? i saw a mid aged lady doing the stringing last saturday though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both are doing it.

The mid age lady is generally ok, but I find that her stringing is slightly uneven, i.e. tension is a touch softer on one side of the racquet face. It's the elderly lady...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try newlink sports at the corner on 2nd floor bro. Or come to me. I string for you in Yishun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Try newlink sports at the corner on 2nd floor bro. Or come to me. I string for you in Yishun.
    Thanks.

But yes, Newlink is good, so I will go to them in future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This evening i strung my racket at Queensway - SS Sport #02-39H.Ask Roland to string at 30lbs on the Yonex ES5 Pro machine.The result was good, next time will ask him to string at more higher tension.But they do not carry the BG80.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2