User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JC

Default Re: This was done before

Pity la! It should have been played in my youth, but now at 60 something, how can man? Its not fair. Just to show my versatility, how about marbles and rubber-band? I can manage that + golf and top - my own-made kites always nose-dive - nothing to do with bad glue or poor balance - just perversity of fate. . JC

JC

Default Re: This was done before

Pity la! It should have been played in my youth, but now at 60 something, how can man? Its not fair. Just to show my versatility, how about marbles and rubber-band? I can manage that + golf and top - my own-made kites always nose-dive - nothing to do with bad glue or poor balance - just perversity of fate. . JC

OJ

Default Re: Huh?

Well, i've never tryed racketlon myself but a good friend of mine has competed a few times quite successfully. He is(was) an elite badmintonplayer and a very good competing squash player. His experience was that as long as he didn't get to meet any elite tennis or table tennis players he was allright. But when he did he had no chance in returning serves in a good way and therefore lost big time to these players in their own sport, like 21-3 and such. However that didnt mean that much in the end due to the countingsystem. He got his chance in badminton and squash.

But I honestly think that Gade would lose the tennis part to Agassi with 21-1(one dubble fault is what you can expect) and that Gade would win with 21-1(a broken string can cause that point) in badminton over Agassi. They are world class for god sake!! Gade can totaly destroy another top 20 badminton player, why should he give any points to a nonbadmintoplaying athlete in badminton? The competition between these two would be most interesting in the squash and table tennis events ( though i seem to remember that Gade was a good table tennis player as a junior...).

Hasse

Default Re: Huh?

Hi OJ,

What country are you from? Is this sport going on anywhere else than in Sweden and Finland?

Myself, I am from Sweden, and I am actually planning to go to Gothenburg myself and see if I can challenge anyone. I used to be a decent badminton player and I have spent time with all the other three sports as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Peter Gade vs. André Agassi!?!?

The Finnish are the best racket players(!)
    Check it out on www.racketlon.com! They won everything in Racketlon World Open 2001.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Racketlon in Gothenburg

Hi,
    Any of you racquet addicts entering this competition on the 3rd-5th November?

Robbie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by runner
    Agassi would win. Gade would never see the ball in tennis!
    Between Agassi and Gade, I would bet my money on Gade anytime..

1) He will definitively have better stamina and wrist for the squash event..

2) I have no idea who of them would be best at table-tennis.. But my gut-feel says Gade.

3) Agassi would beat gade about as much in tennis as Gade would beat Agassi in Badminton, would be my guess..

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good way to smash your wrist up, Badminton and Tenis are very diferent games. (As are squash and table tenis).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah i will own at this sport!! hahah, im on my home towns competitive tennis team, i play badminton(duh:P), i own a tennis table and i play everyday(i really own) and i can play squash(not great) but i will win 3-1 probably haha:P:P
    add: i can change between a badminton wrist, tennis, squash, table tennis wrist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SystemicAnomaly is correct, although I think it was earlier than that--like the late 70s. It was called Rackets and appeared on the CBS network. It came about after the success of the Superstars competition. Rackets featured top players from each of the racket sports--tennis, badminton, squash, racketball, and table tennis--playing each other in the sports other than their own. The idea was to find the best all-around racket sport player. It was held for only two years. The same Indian squash player won both years, and maybe that's why it lasted only those two years.

Bjorn Borg was the tennis representative for one of the years. Danny Seemiller (unsure of the spelling) represented table tennis. Morten Frost was the badminton player the first year. I guess his English wasn't good, because they didn't interview him--they hardly even showed him. The second year, they got US champion Chris Kinard, who was able to be interviewed. I don't remember how the badminton players did overall. Borg won the badminton competition the year he was in it. I remember hearing that he played badminton recreationally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2